Membership - All Members Need Admin Approval

I am looking to have a simple way of setting up about 5 different "members" that have varying access to my sites content, all free, no paid subscriptions.

These members that register, need to get approved by our admin, before they have access to our site. What do you think is the best way to set this up? Or is it even possible with the Membership app?

Here are the questions I am asking:

1) I was thinking of having 1 public registration, and 5 hidden and the admin can add them manually to the correct membership . Is there a way to gather more information from my users during registration, so I can verify who they are and any other relevant information from them?

2) Or does the membership app not going to work appropriately for my needs?

Thank you very much for your help!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

These members that register, need to get approved by our admin, before they have access to our site. What do you think is the best way to set this up? Or is it even possible with the Membership app?

Not out of the box.

1) I was thinking of having 1 public registration, and 5 hidden and the admin can add them manually to the correct membership . Is there a way to gather more information from my users during registration, so I can verify who they are and any other relevant information from them?

You can use BuddyPress. (The extended profiles feature) to add more fields to membership registration process and collect whatever info you want.

After the info is gathered, just do not allow them to signup for a subscription plan, keep them private and just assign them to a normal access level by default.

Once you have verified the member, you can simply add a membership from the backend.

Alternatively you can simply use the default WordPress registration process with a plugin like : http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/new-user-approve/ and once the user is approved, you can assign them to a level.

I hope that helps.Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.