I am lost with multi site because I am using word fence

I am lost with multi site because I am using word fence also bulletproof that changes the .htaccess file can I make my server multisite and do these changes to multisite with these programs installed .

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Vincent,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

Sure, you can still use multisite with those plugins, though I would strongly recommend picking one out of the two, Security plugins are known for conflicts and they may conflict with each other.

But you can change this to multisite using the official WordPress guide here http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

And then when you have it setup, You can edit the .htaccess, take it to default, then add your .htaccess rules back in. Any issues with that, I'm here to help :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Vincent
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I am sorry I could not find a reply to your message I have read the link you have gave me . After reading this I am confused about why I have to change a DNS zone to use multisite do is this just for redirecting people to other parts of your site is this hard to use. It sounds great although if I know word press and making my own word press templates using artister. Then is it going to be hard for me to use multisite.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.