I am new to Auto Blog. I apparently am not seeing any

I am new to Auto Blog. I apparently am not seeing any detail addressing the css for the output on my custom page. Creating the rss feed and creating the category is all very fine. But now it needs to drop onto a page, and I need to see the fields so I can style them. Where can I see this information - or am I expected to just drop feed posts into a div and ... I'm confused here.

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Charlie,

Hope you're doing well today!

By default Autoblog will just pull the feeds and import them right into your posts. So they will be mixed in with your normal blog posts :slight_smile:

I'm not sure what you mean by custom page. Did you create a custom page to display the posts?

If you don't want it to be imported as a post then you can also select different post types per feed via the:

"Post type for new posts" option located on the new/edit feed screen.

Any further information you can provide here would be helpful :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

PPS. We also have a usage guide here, just in-case you haven't already seen it: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/autoblog/#usage

• CharlieLimaKilo

Thanks for your reply Tyler.

I have two issues I'm trying to resolve before implementing Auto Blog.

1. Please visit this website (under development): http://surlyboy.com/. Ignore the "latinized" text. Pls see the left column currently containing an image of boys playing basketball and more content-placeholder text. It is in this column (which in my theme is a separate page template) that (minus the current content) I want to place an rss feed(s). BUT, I want to apply MY css to the output. I need to style the feed output. Roger? Thumbnail, title and excerpt. My css. QUESTION: Using Auto Blog, how is that done?

2. Testing the feed process I discovered that my WP Posts page (hahahhaa...) had over 100+ new posts (draft) clogging up my page. Sure. Filter them down. But, QUESTION: Is it not possible to view aggregated rss feeds in some other venue besides my primary Posts page?

Thanks again for your assitence.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @CharlieLimaKilo,

My apologies for the long overdue on this thread.

If I understand correctly you want to show RSS feeds from other sites in your sidebar, correct me if I'm wrong.

With the Auto Blog all the RSS feeds you add will import posts on your site, and I can see that you don't want to do to that.
    You can use default WordPress RSS widget to show feeds from other sites.
    To add your styles using CSS code to this RSS feed or any other part of your site you can use plugin like this one:
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/my-custom-css/

Let me know if you need more help with this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.