I am new to using CustomPress but excited about it's

Hello,

I am new to using CustomPress but excited about it's functionality. I looked through the forums and on the CustomPress download page, but didn't see the answers to some of the questions I have. If you wouldn't mind helping me get started, I would appreciate that.

I need to have custom posts filed under my "Food Rebels" page <http://foodforwardtv.com/food-rebels/>. These posts will be categorized based on the "Episode" pages I have already set up <http://foodforwardtv.com/episodes/1-us-of-agriculture/>. So:
1) Since the Episodes are pages, is there a way to correlate the new custom posts to these pages? Or does that not work since the new customs are posts?
2) Once I have the custom fields set up, can I have the media/text automatically inputted to the new pages but also styled? Is there a way to set css classes to the custom fields?

Thank you,
Nick

• Patrick

Hi there @hindiemedia

I hope you are having a great day!

...is there a way to correlate the new custom posts to these pages?

You could use custom templates for your pages and, in each template, use a custom post loop that only fetches the corresponding post-type/taxonomy.

...can I have the media/text automatically inputted to the new pages but also styled? Is there a way to set css classes to the custom fields?

You sure can! You can either use the custom_fields_block shortcode in the post editor to automatically display the labels and values of your custom fields for the current post. Or you can use the template-tag in your custom templates to structure the HTMl any way you like.

Either way, a class is automatically assigned to the custom field block:
    .ct-custom-field-block

If you need more fine-grained control for CSS purposes, you can wrap the shortcode or template tags with your own spans or divs with your own classes.

I hope this helps, and thanks for being a member!

• Ash

Hi @hindiemedia

So I saw that there is no way to upload images through the plugin? Ie I would have to use the wordpress text editor right?

Yes, you have to use WP text editor.

About the map, you create custom field for latitude and longitude value, then you can get that value in template file and generate your won iframe map.

In WordPress, posts, pages, media all are post types. Custom press helps you to create a custom post types, that acts exactly same as post or page. But with this you can separate some information. For example, you have want to put your team members information. In that case, you can create a custom post type called Team Members and add your members in there. So, it will be separated from your pages or posts.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.