I am NOT a coder/developer

I expected these plugins to be a little easier to customize. Im trying to create a people search site. If anyone wants to earn some extra income let me know. I've already wasted $80 on this site and figure I'll stick with it if someone can help me. These plugins are NOT user friendly in the sense of custom work. I need custom listings, custom search page with an advanced search option. I have an RFP ready for review.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there,

In what way should they be more customisable? Just wondering?

Was there something within the project page which made you think it would do something it doesn't? If so then please let me know so I can look into fixing that up for everyone.

I need custom listings, custom search page with an advanced search option.

There is a jobs board here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs

You may also like to try a freelance site.

Our plugins are based on WordPress Custom Post types and so searches are handled by WordPress, perhaps a plugin like the following might help:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/relevanssi/

Take care.

• militarymama
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Sbail,

I am not a coder or developer either. I asked a lot of questions and did a lot of reading. I just launched my site on Friday. The last two weeks, I needed tweaking done and had to have a developer do it. If I can do it anyone can! I started the first week of April.

http://www.militarymamasmarketplace.com

I have marketpress, Prosiste and TT Frontend

I have it to where users will purchase a membership, then pay me 5% of whatever they sell. I made it super easy for them so they don't have to go through the hoops that I did.

I'm still coming up with a bit of issues and have to keep asking questions.

If you want it bad enough, you can learn! Determination is the key

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Goodday @sbail

I really hate to see someone expressing the frustrations that you are here. Could you give us a little more detail so that someone here can offer some suggestions or help?

If you're curious what details would be helpful, please take a few moments to read these two articles on wpmu.org:

Ten Rules For Participating In Forums, Part 1

and

Ten Rules For Participating In Forums, Part 2

If you read those, it will help you know what information would be helpful to those trying to give you help.

Thanks again for being a member of WPMUDev and we, as members of the community, look forward to trying to help you out.

• sbail
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@Rhonda, I'm trying to create a people search site. Monthly subscribed members could view and add listings of people. Guest users can view listings for a one time fee. i emailed wpmudev several times before purchasing and the gave them the details of what I was trying to do and they replied saying it could be done and with which plugins. After purchasing the membership and trying to use the plugins, the only answers Im getting now is that I may need to hire a developer for custom work. Seems they suckered me out of $80

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Well if you need something which the plugin does not claim to do and doesn't do then it's custom. We don't offer custom development as part of the service.

Custom developments would generally cost much more than that but it simply isn't a service we offer, sorry.

If you have any usage questions or need some guidance then please open a thread as needed. If your post needs some minor customisations and the support staff can help then we often we are more than happy to save you a couple hundred bucks on something simple.

There are tons of code and CSS snippets in the forums where we help members in such a manner, just as an example.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.