I am not able to map domains for this multi-site install.

I am not able to map domains for this multi-site install. The main site (myskiauthority.com) is not the primary account in our hosting plan (BlueHost). I purchased a dedicated IP address and assigned it to myskiauthority.com. I created a wildcard * subdomain under myskiauthority.com via cPanel. I have used an add-on domain on top of myskiauthority.com for ohioskiauthority.com - but in my ohio.myskiauthority.com site, when I try to enter the domain name as ohitskiauthoirty.com in the domain mapping section, I am told it is an Invalid entry.

I had originally set up actual sub-domains for each site (ohio.myskiauthority.com for example), but then deleted all references and added it back as an add-on domain. Still no joy.

What am I missing here???

• Anang

Hi @espermedia

Thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

Would you mind to send me your cpanel info and wordpress info ? So I can check all settings from your server and wordpress installation. Send me information through contact form here :
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :simple_smile:
    Subject: "Attn: Anang"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -Cpanel credentials (cpanel login url/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Let me know if you have sent my access info :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Anang

Hi @espermedia

After checking your cpanel settings, it seems you already point A record to your dedicated IP which is already correct. But somehow it still pointing to another IP, so I assumed the domain is using other name server than your hosting name server.

So could you ask your hosting provider to setup this for you ? Ask to point addon domain to your dedicated IP Address. And if it's already point to correct IP, try to map your domain again.

Update me with your progress :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• espermedia

Issue persists. I have a dedicated IP for the main site. I have 2 add-on domains mapped to the main domain. Those domain names each have an A record pointing to the dedicated IP. BlueHost shows everything is correct:

162.144.207.150 VPS Dedicated 3 show domains
    Domains assigned to this IP Address:

myskiauthority.com Main
    ohioskiauthority.com Addon
    utahskiedge.com Addon

When I try to map the domain via the plug-in I am told the domain is 'Invalid' and nothing changes. Very frustrated at this point as these sites were supposed to be live last week. What else can be done to test/fix this please???

• Anang

Hi @espermedia

After checking all possible issues, it seems that your domain is not saved to Database. But I check your domain mapping table is there.. So it's not database problem. And I notice I got some javascript errors that may causing this issues as I don't see that on my installation. You can check javascript error on your chrome's error console.

Could you try disable all plugins and try with default themes ? for ex : 2015 And then try to add domain on subsite , and then refresh (to check if it saved to database or not ). If still not working try deactivate and reactivate domain mapping too..

Let me know your result with all plugins off and default theme :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• espermedia

I reverted to the twenty fifteen theme and removed all but the core WPMUDEV plug-ins and still have no success mapping the domains. I have Nameservers pointing to BlueHost with an A record for each domain pointing to the dedicated IP address of the main site (myskiauthority). I have tried adding the sites as Parked Domains, Sub-Domains, and Add-On Domains from the myskiauthority cPanel -- all result in the 'Invalid' response and can't be mapped. BlueHost reports the domains are under the dedicated IP address with myskiauthority being the main account and the others being parked/add-on (depending upon how I add them, of course). What is frustrating is I can pull up the sites using their sub-domains just fine: utah.myskiauthority.com for example, but I can't connect utahskiedge.com to this sub-account in any way. We need utahskiedge.com to resolve to utah.myskiauthority.com and mask the sub-domain URL throughout the site...

• Anang

Hi @espermedia

Good news ! I found the culprit :slight_smile: I check your database structure and it seems like some fields is missing, so I change the database structure and added missing fields directly with phpmyadmin.

Now you can see the ohio domain has been successfully mapped :slight_smile: And I check your other domain at utahskiedge.com still not pointing to 162.144.207.150 , it's pointing to 74.220.199.6 . It need to pointing to your VPS server IP before you mapped the domain :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile: And have a great day :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.