I am not sure what I purchased.

My husband suggested this and I am looking for a clear set of steps to get started.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JMGreenman,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

My husband suggested this and I am looking for a clear set of steps to get started.

Get started at???

Other then letting you know that you need to have a self hosted WordPress site of your own there is not much more to tell without knowing your goal.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• elpino
    • The Crimson Coder

Greetings and welcome to the wpmu forums, aecnu is spot on with this we need more information and what you need to accomplish and what step you at? in website developing,

to answer your specific question.

I am not sure what I purchased.

It seems you purchase a elite account this is a 3 month membership plan, with this you will have full access to download all plugins and themes, and have unlimited support in here in the forums by the community members and support staff, and code help and issues solving by the developers of this plugins, we are here to help you with all your needs, any problem or question don't hesitate to ask, bellow the links for plugins and themes. You can download all.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/plugins/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/

Regards
    Alex

• elpino
    • The Crimson Coder

You are spot on totally correct in some part.

does this mean I have access to the plug ins forever and support for 3 months?

You get use of the plugins forever, after the membership is over you can still use forever the plugins and themes you already downloaded, but cant get updates on the plugins or themes, after membership is over, but as you said you can still use them forever and as many sites you want, unlimited use, also forum support is limited to the membership, hope this help answer your question, any other question don't hesitate to ask we are here to help.

Regards
    Alex

• elpino
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey JMGreenman hope i help answer your question, remember we need more information as aecnu stated before for more help in setting up your website, etc. or what step you are on so far, so we can take it from there, if you still havent bought a hosting solution i could recomend you to use http://wpmu-hosting.org/ great speed on sites, and great support.

if all you needed to know was about the package you bought and don't need more help on this issue, you can go ahead and check the box bellow that says ¨mark as resolved¨ and ask later in a new question other issues you need answer later.

Regards
    Alex

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JMGreenman and Alex,

Thank you both for working through this together with for the most part accurate information.

The only inaccuracy I seen which is not very important at this time is that the Elite membership can also be a yearly - it was the first membership I had with WPMU DEV.

If they are not updated after membership, they eventually will not be useful either.

This is true as well though it can be a couple of months or a few years. I personally have plugins that are three years old that still function as they always have - and some that broke as soon as the WordPress 3.5 release came out and I updated.

Thank you both for being WPMU DEV Community Members and have a GREAT New Year!

Cheers, Joe

• elpino
    • The Crimson Coder

Cheers Joe thanks for the rep points, sorry i mixed up the memberships ;(

Jmgreenman please take note that your membership is for a full year untill december 2013, sorry about the mixup and i made a mistake tellimg you 3 months, at that point in december you can renew the membership and continue to get excelent plugins you can be sure that are free of malware or any backdoors, by profesionals, and the great support on the forum.

Regards
    Alex

• Jeremy Paris
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@JMGreenman,

If I may add to the above, I am new here as well. I bought the year membership. Go through the plugin list and click on the ones that look interesting. Almost always you will say "That's pretty cool, and I could use it in a site that does ___________". Consider what you spent an investment. In the next year try to recoup what you spent and then some (which I think will be pretty easy). In the end the plugins alone could put you in the positive.

Now do the same for the themes. Yes, there are tons of free themes out there, but these will more than likely go the extra mile making your job easier.

The above is great and worth what I am paying, but what really sold me on the membership is the community. I have bought plugins in the past from one-man-shops and they would work...mostly. But when I would contact them telling them that I wanted to use it AND use a different plugin, they would not be familiar with anything outside of their own experience and almost always couldn't help. Here, if you are trying to use a plugin and have questions about it, or issues with it, or even suggestions to improve it you can post that and the entire community could help to answer it. You are learning from the experience of the entire community, not just one guy.

Finally, you can jump in the community and help others. The fastest way to learn is by teaching. As you do your points will grow and eventually you will have a FREE lifetime membership (1000 points).

Just my 2 cents as a new member.
    Jeremy

• elpino
    • The Crimson Coder

Greetings Jeremy you are spot on with your imput the great support service makes it worth it also i want to make note that any plugin out there or theme just 1 cost 40-80 usd here you get 100+ plugins and themes, for the same membership price and on top of that you the great VIP support in the community forums.

Cheers
    Alex

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jeremy and Alex,

I must admit it is wonderful to see members that utilize and enjoy their WPMU DEV Membership to the degree and understanding that you two folks have of how this all works and your personal ways of managing and making the most of your membership.

Thank you all for being WPMU DEV Community Members!

Sincerely, Joe

• idomagic
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I am a yearly and use the forums a ton. 70% of the time whatever it is gets solved in hours, 20% takes days and a small percentage fall on deaf ears. Make SURE you install the wpmu dashboard and use it! Submit ticket/support questions there, find plug ins and more. Most of all, use every resource!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.