I am offering premium themes through Pro Site. I tested

Hi,

I am offering premium themes through Pro Site. I tested the themes so that I know how users would see the theme.

When I tested the theme, the theme does not look like the picture theme shown on this website. For example, the Product and Showcase themes. The customization of the theme is very basic and it does not look good.

I'm I supposed to be adding a parent theme to go with these themes?

Thanks for the info.

Janet

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Janet,

Thank you for your question.

When I tested the theme, the theme does not look like the picture theme shown on this website.

Could you please tell me which picture theme you are talking about?

I'm I supposed to be adding a parent theme to go with these themes?

If you want to use child themes of these themes then you have to also use/activate parent themes of it.

You will find child themes in these themes folders on the following path.

wp-content/themes/showcase/themes/showcase-child
    wp-content/themes/product/themes/product-child

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Janet,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes the themes should display as shown on the pages that you have shared if configured them correctly.

If you are facing problem to configure anything to look like those themes then please let us know specifically what is not looking like that so that we can help you to achieve it.

Are the product and showcase themes parent or child themes, I am confused?

They are parent themes and they contain child themes in their folder so if you want to use their child themes then you should copy them from the following path in to your wp-content/themes directory.

You will find information about WordPress child and parent theme on the following page.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Janet

Hi Vinod,

Don't know what you mean copy them from the following "path"

To my Wp-Content folder. I know how to get to this folder and go to the themes section. But I don't understand what code I need to copy and paste.

I am NOT a developer so I don't understand the lingo sometimes. So, please provide a more clear explanation.

• calvinrogercanas

Hello @Janet

Hope you're well?

This page explains the child theme well and it is stated there that

A child theme is a theme that inherits the functionality of another theme, called the parent theme. Child themes allow you to modify, or add to the functionality of that parent theme. A child theme is the best, safest, and easiest way to modify an existing theme, whether you want to make a few tiny changes or extensive changes. Instead of modifying the theme files directly, you can create a child theme and override within.

Why use a Child Theme according to that page?
    Here are a few reasons:

If you modify an existing theme and it is updated, your changes will be lost. With a child theme, you can update the parent theme (which might be important for security or functionality) and still keep your changes.
    It can speed up development time.
    It’s a great way to get started if you are just learning WordPress theme development.

-------
    In our case, we update our theme to make sure it will abide to the wordpress standards, to avoid error, improve performance, security reasons and many more.

What my co-worker mean is that our developer already provided a ready-to-use child theme in case you want it to utilize.

All you need to do is move out the "product-child" folder that you can locate here:

then place it here on this folder

wp-content/themes/

After that, activate it on your wordpress dashboard: Appearance >> Themes >> Select the product child theme.

It will be the same process on "Showcase" theme with just different naming.

----
    We want to help you to solve the core issue but we need to see the site that the theme is active so we can analyze it.

In order to do that, could you grant support access from the dashboard plugin. See https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Cheers!
    Calvin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.