Can you have a both joining fee and a recurring fee?

Hi.

I am putting together a membership site for a small club, and was hoping to use the Membership 2 Pro and Events+ plugins together as they hold paid for events with different pricing for members and guests.

The club has a joining fee (£25) as well as a recurring fee (£40 per annum) - so when joining a new member would pay £65 (£25 joining fee + £40 membership), but in subsequent years would pay only the £40 membership fee.

What would be the best way to achieve this in Membership Pro 2? (I'm just using it for the first time, so forgive me if I am missing something obvious.)

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @caterhamcomputing,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

To create this kind of setup you will actually need two memberships created.

First go ahead and create membership called for example Recurring Payment, select This is a paid membership. and disable Allow users to register for this membership.
    Add £40 for price, choose recurring payment and select 1 year for payment frequency.
    See first screenshot attached.

Now you need to create another membership, called for example First Payment, also select This is a paid membership..
    For this membership select also 1 year for frequency and set the price at £65
    But here you will need to select finit access and for After this membership ends select your recurring membership.

This way only the First Payment will be visible on your registration page and after the first year passess the user will be switched to Recurring Payment.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

I'm glad I could help :slight_smile:

When looking at new stuff I too sometimes miss some things, but you get a hang of it you'll be creating memberships all over the place :slight_smile:

Make sure you have Allow users to register for this membership ticked off for Recurring Payment membership so it doesn't show in the signup page.

I'll mark this one as resolved but if you have any followup questions feel free to reopen it.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.