I am really, really

Hi,

I am really, really frustrated with our web firm and wanted to get a little unbiased perspective from you guys. When we set up our Wordpress site a couple years ago, they created a beta site to test the new site before launch and asked that we run every Wordpress upgrade through them to make sure it everything was stable before going live. Later, they asked that every plug-in be run through beta. And then every plug-in update. Now, they ask that every post and image and change to menus, etc., that I make on a daily basis be tested first on the beta site. I told them that is unreasonable; that Wordpress is built for new posts and new pages and new images and basic changes without having to run everything through a beta environment first. If I followed their recommended procedures I could not maintain a viable site (I add new content multiple times a day to the site). Am I right that they are being unreasonable? Isn't it overkill to run every new post and image and minor daily change through a beta site? I would appreciate your perspective. Thanks.

• Nithin

Hi Bill,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Now, they ask that every post and image and change to menus, etc., that I make on a daily basis be tested first on the beta site.

Unless they have any specific reason to test any functionalities that could break your website, you could try adding couple of post, and see how that goes. Other than, that I don't it's necessary to create all the post in your beta site, you'll have to check this with your web firm, and confirm for any such case.

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.