Memebership Signup code

I am running a teachers site and will have free and paid members (teachers), I would need them to be assigned to a specific course upon sign-up and be able to add or invite their students who would be able to sign up for a free student account (will be very limited). The students would only be able to see the course that their membership level allows and have communication with their own teacher. If possible I would like to be able to limit the number of sign-ups a teacher can give out in a month unless they upgrade their account. I am planning to use CoursePress and Membership 2.

Is any of that possible?

Thanks in advance!

• Dimitris

Hey there Robert,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

This seems that could be implemented indeed with Membership 2 PRO and CoursePress PRO plugins, at least to a point. You can create two membership levels
    - teacher: paid
    - student: free but requires invitation for registration
    What you have to do manually, or custom implement, is to assign a teacher as a course instructor or let them create their own courses. For doing the later, you should also edit their role/capabilities as they should be able to access admin area and create a course, while students will be simple subscribers. For any kind of custom development that surpasses our support forums, you can advise our Jobs & Pros section (please keep in mind that WPMUDEV staff members are not included).

M2PRO add-ons that can be handy
    - Invitation codes (user requires a code to sign-up for a membership level)
    - Individual Custom Posts (for protecting Courses)
    - Member Capabilities (protect content based on roles or capabilities)

CoursePress goodies
    - Limit class size
    - Pass Codes (only users with given code can enroll a course)
    - Prerequisite Course (students will need to complete a prerequisite course in order to enroll)

Feel free to create a staging environment, meaning an exact copy of your website in another location in the same server, and experiment with these plugins. If more assistance is required, please create a new thread for each issue and we will further assist you. :slight_smile:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Warm regards,
    Dimitris