I am seeing a large

I am seeing a large chat latency from the moment they press submit to the moment they see it on the screen. Large is about a half second.

What is chat doing that it requires such a large latency in the user experience?

BTW....bluehost died at 30 simultaneous users, wpengine did not die up to 100 simultaneous, and I am checking siteground now.

• Dimitris

Hey there James,

hope you're doing good and thanks for joining us! :slight_smile:

Where do you see this delay? In Dashboard, widget, site box chat? Please advise!

Half a second is still inside "normal" limits in my opinion, however, I pinged our dev team considering this and any other estimations about response time.
    I'll keep you posted on this as soon as I've got some valuable feedback!
    Your patience here is greatly appreciated!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

PS. I appreciate the feedback about those hosting providers, please let us know how SiteGround performed and if possible, the exact packages/services that used in each of those.

• Umesh Kumar

James,

Since the chat works on Polling ( Sending Ajax request at a defined interval of time ), it is wiser to kept the delay for polling intervals. As otherwise continuous polling makes the server really busy, and as you said it crashes, which happens because of the resources used for the continuous polling.

You can probably switch to Plugin Ajax, if you're using the WordPress ajax for polling.

You'd need to go to Chat -> Settings Common under a site, and then the first tab "Polling Intervals". Switch to Plugin Ajax, and see if there is any improvement.

Cheers, Umesh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.