I am setting up 3 directory sites which will be identical

I am setting up 3 directory sites which will be identical other than the domain. All will have the same categories, custom fields, plugins, etc. After I setup the original can I use Snapshot to backup and then restore to a different domain? If so, are there any other changes I would need to make other than changing the site url?
I am assuming I would need to do a basic WP install on the "new site" and install Snapshot plugin - anything other than that?
Thanks,
Jean

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Jean,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

After I setup the original can I use Snapshot to backup and then restore to a different domain?

Yes you can.

If so, are there any other changes I would need to make other than changing the site url?

The snapshot plugin also changes the site URL but in some cases if it can't change it then you have to change it manually.

I am assuming I would need to do a basic WP install on the "new site" and install Snapshot plugin - anything other than that?

No nothing than that. After installing the Snapshot plugin on the new site you have to just import the backup created of your old site.

Find more information about it on the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/#product-usage

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.