I am simply trying to install WP but having lots of issues

Hello,

I am simply trying to install WP but having lots of issues which I was not having before.

I have uninstalled WP, re-installed, uninstalled, re-installed … still I can’t add my 1st site.

The site is stored on uworlds.co.uk/hotel/amsterdam/ ultimately but I am expecting amsterdamhoteldirectory.info to show me the home page of the site since that is the domain mapping. I was able to install other WP installations before without a problem I am not sure why there may be anything incomplete.

Could some previously installed security plug have messed something up? Everything is deleted entirely in the hosting space so I can’t see how that could be possible?

Do you know why it's asking me to install again, after I have already specified all my settings on the initial install?

I deleted everything because I was hacked and have been in a nightmare week trying to figure out which security plug in to use and all sort of other technical things which has thrown my whole operation.

Do you know why this may be happening? I am hosting with Godaddy but they keep telling me to just uninstall/reinstall but it's not working.

Is this post out out publicly onto the internet? I would prefer it not if possible?

Thanks,
Mike

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Mike

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I am not entirely sure that I understood the problem. Is it a multisite or single site? You said you want to add domain mapping? (it's for multisite only).

What do you see in your site now? When I visit the link I can see the installation page. Did you go through the installation? What happens when you complete the installation?

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Michael
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Ash,

Sorry for being unclear.

It is a single site. With domain mapping, I refer to when I set up the folder on the hosting plan basically saying the home for this domain's files is uworlds.co.uk/hotel/amsterdam even though the domain is amsterdamhoteldirectory.info

Does that help?

Does this post stay un-indexed on the search engines?

Many thanks,
    Mike

• Michael
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Ash,

My apologies, I'm waiting from Godaddy on an answer to this.

In my hosting admin, it says it has been installed on http://uworlds.co.uk/hotel/amsterdam/wp-admin/ (which should equate to http://amsterdamhoteldirectory.info/wp-admin/)

I am not sure if iThemes Security plug-in previously updated some file which I can't see in the directory (some hidden file?) which is preventing the full re-installation, do you think?

Best regards,
    Michael

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Michael

It doesn't seem it's installed, it still redirects me to the installation page.

If you send me your cpanel login access and wp login access (if you already installed once), I could take a look.

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash (this ensures that it will be assigned to me)
    Details:
    1. Send all requested details
    2. Send a link of this thread so that I can track
    3. Send any other relevant link

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.