I am struggling to install the latest Multi-Domains plugin update

The dsahboard tells me there is an update available (1.2.2) but i cannot update. Selecting and updating gives me:

An error occurred while updating Multi-Domains for Multisite: Update package not available..

And downloading and then uploading gives me:

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.

Plugin install failed.

What should I do?

Thanks
Simon

• Vaughan

hiya

thanks for posting.

it seems that the zip file has an incorrect structure.

ie. when i unzip the contents i get

160677_multi-domains-1.2.2/
    160677_multi-domains-1.2.2/multi-domains/
    160677_multi-domains-1.2.2/__MACOSX/

whereas it should unzip as

multi-domains/

[edit]

The plugin doesn't live in the /plugins/ directory - you need to
    upload the plugin itself into mu-plugins, and the correct sunrise into
    wp-content/.

see the project page for specific instructions https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multi-domains/#usage

again, sorry for the confusion.

• simon_fishley

Hi Vaughan

Apologies for the late reply, this has been a low priority issue.

The specific instructions are for setting up the plugin from scratch and involve editing wp-config.php etc. I recommend the update be bundled with some explicit update only instructions to avoid confusion.

As far as the update bundle being incorrectly packaged, which version of the files should I bee using as there is another set of files inside the __MACOSX folder but they are not identical to the one in the multi-domains/ directory?

Thanks
    Simon

• Vaughan

hiya

thanks for the response. I'll recommend to our development/documentation team regarding update instructions, as clearly like you say the usage page is geared for fresh installation.

there's a new version of multi-domains released since this, that package should be ok. I brought the above to the attention of the developer & it was a mistake in not removing the unnecessary paths. you can ignore any __MACOSX/ folders in any of our plugins, they shouldn't be there, but sometimes they get missed & accidentally included in the zip packages.

thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.