I am testing a 100% coupon on my site to comp membership

I am testing a 100% coupon on my site to comp membership to people. I apply it and it works fine. However, I end up back at the register page instead of the custom thank you page I have set up for completion of purchase.

Furthermore, even though the user's been shifted to the right level of membership/access, they still see the menu items for non-subscribed/non-authenticated users instead of the member's menu.

It appears as if nothing has happened (but they do in fact have access to the parts of the site they should -- so it is an aesthetic issue). I hope that makes sense...

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Matthew

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

Could I get a screenshot please of membership > options > membership pages.

And also membership > members please? :slight_smile:

Also could you tell me which payment gateway you are using please.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Matthew

Thank you for the screenshots.

On the membership > options > membership pages, page, you have two which are set as "My Page" you can only use one page per box, it may cause issues using the same pages :slight_smile:

Apart from that the settings look good, though on membership > members, the gateways are wrong, as it's coming back as admin gateway, can I have a coupon code to test this please?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack,

• Matthew
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for that. I have changed the pages so that there are no duplicates, but it still seems to be happening.

I am not quite sure what you mean by "as it's coming back as admin gateway". Would you mind explaining a bit more about what you mean.

Coupon is "TEST".

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Matthew

I hope you are well today and thanks for the additional information.

I've just tested this and the menu items I get once signed up, are Home, My page, ask and log out.

The redirect to the registration completed page doesn't seem to work and I have confirmed this on my own install.

The coupon is coming off every payment, not just the first one, which is why you get the admin gateway in membership, the coupon should only be applied on the first payment, direct them to PayPal to complete the sign up, then charge after, but it seems this is a issue with coupons.
    As that mean if it worked like that, your payment gateway in membership would show PayPal Express.

I'm going to flag the lead developer here for his valuable input on these 100% coupon issues.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Matthew

@Jack Kitterhing

You said

I've just tested this and the menu items I get once signed up, are Home, My page, ask and log out.

Just to clarify, you see this menu change immediately? In my case, I could see the new menu if I navigated away from the subscriptions approved screen, which means that the permissions are correct. The thing that concerns me is that after a user pays for membership, there is no immediate change (i.e. they are presented with the public menu, which includes a log in link, which is confusing and they might think that nothing has happened -- since it is all 'behind the scenes).

• Matthew

I have been testing the new release of the plugin. This aspect of things seems to be working fine now, but permissions and role assignments are screwy...

At least now when I use the 100% coupon, I get the right menu and the right redirect happening. My user is just assigned to the wrong role/plan.

• Matthew

Hi Jack,

Good news is that users are getting assigned to the right roles now. I will close this thread, as I have another one going and the original issue here was solved with the module upgrade (I think).

Thanks a lot for your help and following up.

Matt

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.