I am trying

I am trying to minificate my website to improve server response time, however whenever I run the test with Hummingbird I don't know how to go through each file to see which will cause an issue with my website. I went with the include/exclude button to go through each file, but it seems that everytime I hit Save Changes, my website is messed up again. How do i go through this process to actually minify these files?

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Amber ,

Hope you're doing well today!

As you are using a cache plugin, after make any change, you may need to "Delete Cache", just to make sure that you are seeing the changes properly.

I accessed to your website using Support Login and I made some modifications in the "Minification" section. From the tests I made, "osetin-main-less" file is the culprit and all the other CSS and JS files can be minified and combined.

Can you check if your site is running without problems with the configuration I made? If I missed anything, please, let me know.

Cheers, Luís

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Amber ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Actually you got a good score (89). Also I made a test in gtmetrix too and got 94%. It's hard to increase more than this. Some themes cannot be more optimized because it can affect the visualization.

You got an alert to "Remove render blocking resources" but the recomendations is to move the cache files created by Hummingbird.

These files are created when some JS scripts and CSS files cannot be moved to footer and they will be served in header by Hummingbird as minified and combined files. Our developers are aware about this and working to improve it.

However, quoting the text from the Hummingbird project page regarding to "Remove render blocking resources":

Note that it can be very hard to get a perfect score for this rule. Some plugins and themes due to their design may not be able to handle their scripts deferred to the footer without breaking, so will have to be left in their original position. And often combining and minifying all CSS files will not completely remove their impact on your score. Just try multiple combinations to improve this score as much as possible.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.