Upfront Parent Installation Issue

Hello,

I am trying to install the Upfront Parent but there are random issues, some time i am getting this

Server error status: error [0]
and some time
Destination folder already exists

Would you please help me whats wrong with it

Br.

Jones

• Rupok

Hi John,

When it says "Destination folder already exists", that means, Upfront is already installed but maybe it was not installed properly. So when you are trying to install again, it's showing that error.

Regarding the "Server error status: error [0]" error, it's related to server configuration.

However, to troubleshoot the issue, can you please turn on debug mode in WordPress while trying to install Upfront again? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Past errors here. If the file is very long, paste them to a text file and attach with your reply.

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access. We will be glad to investigate this and will try to resolve this as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• John

Ok, I have managed to work around the issue. If i manually download and install the plugins/themes using the wordpress plugin/theme installers everything appears to be working out. When I use the WPMU DEV dashboard tool to install it fails to install some plugins and fails all themes. The Upfront Builder fails to install the upfront theme, so the install issues are all focused on your installer and the themes.

• Nithin

Hi John,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Glad to know you managed to find a workaround. If you are looking to troubleshoot this further, could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.