I am trying

Hi,

I am trying to restore from a backup and I get restore failed. I have checked so requirements are correct and they show up as ok. But it starts at 40% and goes to restore failed within 5 seconds.

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hello Fredrik

I hope you are doing good and thank you for giving us time to look at this for you.

I want to check this further and would need the support access to check the exact issue. Please grant support access to your site. You can enable the Support access from the WPMU Dashboard plugin. Here are the steps to grant the support access.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Kindly help us with the exact error you see on the page. You can take a screenshot of the page where you see the error and attach it here. Also, if you have multiple backups, please tell me which one you are trying to restore.

Please respond to this ticket after you've granted the support access.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Prathamesh

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hello Fredrik

Thank you for giving me the time to look into this further. It took a little longer to look into this and get back with the solution.

I tried replicating the scenario with my lab site using the backup you mentioned in your earlier ticket, and it did work correctly on my end. The issue may have caused on your end due to some memory limitations that are usually put by the hosting companies on the servers.

A simple workaround for this would be instead of running a single "snapshot", set up multiple smaller manual Snapshots (e.g. one for DB files, one for plugins, one for media files etc.).
    You can then restore these backups separately one by one.

Feel free to get back to me here if you have any doubts or need any help further.

Regards,
    Prathamesh

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hello Fredrik

The backup file generated is working correctly. I tried restoring it on my lab site, and it worked like a charm. You can try restoring the backup if you have made some changes for the requirements to meet. If that fails, try increasing your maximum execution time by editing the php.ini file. The suggested maximum execution time is 500 or 600. I have it as 600 for my lab site.

You can do that by log in to your server using FTP. Find the file 'php.ini', edit the file to add the following lines of code:

max_execution_time = 500

If you do not spot the 'php.ini' file, you can create it and paste the above code. The 'php.ini' file is usually located inside the 'public_html' directory or in the directory where the 'wp-config.php' file resides.

If this does not work, there may be limiting from the server side. I advise you to contact your hosting or the server support and request them if they can increase it for you to restore the backup in this case.

Feel free to post back here if you have any doubt or need any help further.

Regards,
    Prathamesh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.