I am trying to back

Hi,

I am trying to back up my whole multisite network but I get the following error each time:

Aw shucks, something went wrong :slight_frown: Instead of the beautiful response we expected, we got this:

<empty response>

Any solution for this?

Thanks
Serkan

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Serkan,

Thanks for the access, I had a look at your site and checked error log but couldn't find any usefull info in snapshot log.

There are few things that we could try though, I did notice that execution time is currently set to 30 seconds so could you try bumping that up to 90 first.
    You can find instructions for increasing maximum execution time here:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Common_WordPress_Errors#Maximum_execution_time_exceeded

If that doesn't help can you try adding this to your wp-config.php file just above "/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */" line:
    if (!defined('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE')) define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 100);

Let us know how it goes after that.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Dimitris

Hey there Serkan,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in!

I just went ahead and re-activated the scheduled backups in a daily basis (next backup will occur on Sunday October 23, 2016 at 12:00am.) and lower down the debug log level to "info" in order to get all messages in the log file.
    Additionally to that, please enable WP_DEBUG in order to get any other error messages. Simply access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /*That’s it! Stop editing… */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

After the scheduled backup will trigger (and just leave it for an hour or two more), a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created. Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.

Additionally, there's an error already in place in current log.

Immediate hook misfired, kickstart backup processing

That means that the automated backups request cascade failed, and it's falling back trying to continue the backup process via cron.
    Could you please contact your hosting support channel and ask if there's anything that might block these requests to our API? The domain that should be white-listed is premium.wpmudev.org and your website should be able to perform POST HTTP requests (and cURL requests on fallback).

I look forward for your results on this!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Serkan

Hello,

Please find attached the debug.txt

Please find below the feedback I received from my hosting support:

The default firewall on your server doesn't block any outbound requests, so it shouldn't be blocking POST or cURL requests to their API.

You could try running these commands from your server to see if it's a DNS resolution issue:

curl -I premium.wpmudev.org

nc -w 2 premium.wpmudev.org 80; echo $?

host premium.wpmudev.org

curl -I https://google.com

nc -w 2 google.com 443; echo $?

For the NC commands you should get an output of 0 if it can connect. I added the command for Google to verify that you can connect to a known-good server.

If your server is not able to resolve the DNS for the host or can't connect, you may want to contact DigitalOcean for support.

I have checked the commands via SSH and seems like there is no problem with the DNS resolution.

Best Regards
    Serkan

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Serkan,

There doesn't seem to be anything in log that would cause this.

Could you provide us with FTP or cPanel access so we can investigate this further?

You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login url
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Serkan,

I hope you are enjoying your day today.

Apologies for the delayed response with regards to this issue, the thread has slipped into archives and while doing some cleanup I noticed this has not been resolved.

I was wondering if you still need help with this issue or you have it resolved by updating to the latest version of the plugin. I noticed that you have the latest version of the plugin. Is the latest version working as you expect or you are still having the issue even with this version? If you still need help with regards to this issue please let us know so we can try to resolve this issue.

If you need help please let us know and we will be happy to assist you in anyway possible.

I hope you enjoy your day so far.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.