I am trying to build a site using upfront and the Fixer

I am trying to build a site using upfront and the Fixer Theme. I have loaded the them and it says it it active, howver when I go to Appearance>customize, edit and save the pages, they do not convert to the new saved pages. They go back to the original template. On top of this when I look at the pages section of the wordpress dashboard the pages are not actually saving, they are drafts but there are no changes. Please tell me how I edit using the upfront feature. The edit page is also freezing up. I cannot edit sometimes. It just freezes.

• Sajid

Hi @Dana

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I have loaded the them and it says it it active, howver when I go to Appearance>customize, edit and save the pages, they do not convert to the new saved pages.

You save changes and when you exit its the same as it were before ?

On top of this when I look at the pages section of the wordpress dashboard the pages are not actually saving, they are drafts but there are no changes.

When you create new page with upfront, it automatically loads that new page in upfront. There you can add/edit its content and publish the page by clicking on green "Schedule" button. Yes it should be publish instead of schedule. I am flagging developer for their feedback. If its a bug then we will fix in next version.

Please see following blog series of introducing our upfront framework. We have covered all the basics by providing real world example.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/upfront-basics/

If its still not working then please grant support access so I can take a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid

Hi @Dana

I am really sorry for the issue you are facing with upfront. I logged in via Support Staff access and came to know that your server is blocking ajax requests sent by upfront to save changes in your site and throwing 406 not acceptable error (see screenshot).

We have exact same issue reported before and its been fixed by contacting the host and allowing upfront to save changes blocked by mod_security.

Please see below thread for more information.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/upfront-panino-theme-changes-not-saving

Cheers, Sajid

• Dana

I spoke to the host and they explained the issue is with Upfront and nothing to do with mod_security. They told me the theme is not working properly. I need help troublshooting this with your developers.

Is there any way to resolve this? I think this can be a valuable tool for me and it is frustrating that I have spent so many days trying to work this out.

Here is the error:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 406 (Not Acceptable)
    /wp-content/themes/upfront/scripts/upfront/upfront-util.js:63 [UPFRONT]: Arguments[1]0: "error building layout preview"callee: ()length: 1Symbol(Symbol.iterator): ArrayValues()__proto__: Object__defineGetter__: __defineGetter__()__defineSetter__: __defineSetter__()__lookupGetter__: __lookupGetter__()__lookupSetter__: __lookupSetter__()constructor: Object()hasOwnProperty: hasOwnProperty()isPrototypeOf: isPrototypeOf()propertyIsEnumerable: propertyIsEnumerable()toLocaleString: toLocaleString()toString: toString()valueOf: valueOf()get __proto__: get __proto__()set __proto__: set __proto__()
    http://www.willowlearningsolutions.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 406 (Not Acceptable)
    /wp-content/themes/upfront/scripts/upfront/upfront-util.js:63 [UPFRONT]: Arguments[1]0: "error saving layout"callee: ()length: 1Symbol(Symbol.iterator): ArrayValues()__proto__: Object

• Sajid

Hi @Dana

I am really sorry for delay here and to hear that it still did not worked.

The exact same issue has been addressed in the referenced thread. You can see the screenshot of me and also the one on other thread.

The member on other thread is also on Bluehost like you and stated at the end that their host fixed it for her.

Please contact your host again and give them link of both threads, this one and also the other one in which member stated her host fixed this issue.

However, meanwhile I am also flagging SLS (second line support) here for their invaluable feedback on this matter.

For other question you can not change home page at the moment, you can edit the page on the top of existing one and make it according to your requirements. We are working on improvements where users can create bare-bone child themes without using existing one though.

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.