I am trying to edit my wordpress theme that is running

I am trying to edit my wordpress theme that is running salient , Whenever I try to edit pages the Visual Composer is not loading. I have emailed Themenectar support they were no help at all. I can upgrade my site to the latest version of the theme and the Visual Composer works fine but I lose all of my custom code.

My developer who added in custom code hard coded it straight into the theme its self not using the child theme supplied.

I have no idea what to do can some one please help me.

• Rupok

Hi Aaron, hope you had a wonderful day.

My developer who added in custom code hard coded it straight into the theme its self not using the child theme supplied

Oops, you are doomed! Can you follow the steps below? It might help.

# By any chance can you contact your developer and ask him exactly which files did he make changes on and what are those changes?
    # If you get the list, you can create a staging site (a clone site of your current site) and setup the latest version of your theme there.
    # Create a child theme on that staging site with modifications your developer made on your theme on main site.
    # After you are done finishing your child theme functioning exactly same as your current theme, you can move that updated theme and your child theme to your live server.

I think this will be the best possible workaround if you want to update your theme. Please let us know if you have any suggestion.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.