I am trying to hide Top Menu

I am trying to hide the top menu on my clients website. Here is the URL http://www.arcworkdesign.com/

If you highlight the top part of the home page you can see I have colored the link black so it is hidden, but I really want to remove it completely. The link in the black area is hidden under the title (.).
Please advise. Wordpress is populating all my links when I don't choose a top menu, so I chose a top menu and put this one page in it. I then titled the page with a period, so it was nearly hidden naturally. i truly just want no top menu populated so I just have the menu below the top image.

Of course the thing I am trying to do is put an image right justified above the menu. I did not know how to do that, so I hid the main menu and inserted a lower menu with a menu above it.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there William

I hope you're well today!

I see you're using the Divi theme on that site. If you want to hide the top navigation bar entirely, simply add the following to the Custom CSS area under the General tab in Divi > Theme Options:

.et_header_style_centered nav#top-menu-nav {display:none;}

• William
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Oh wow, this whole time I was trying to paste stuff to my child theme CSS sheet. For some reason that was not working. I put it where you told me to place it and boom it was gone. Now, while I have you here with those skills! How do I hide or whitepaper my website so people can't see it's divi! I know we have the plugin ultimate branding, which I haven't dived into yet, to remove the theme. Can you tell me briefly how to remove that so when someone does a theme check it doesn't show up!
    Thank you again by the way.
    W.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again William

You're talking about obfuscation, which can be a slippery slope once you start in on it.

While Ultimate Branding does have modules enabling you to customize things like the login screen, your site favicon, etc, it can't modify any information relating to your active theme.

However, our Multisite Theme Manager plugin enables you to customize every aspect of every theme in your network. But, that won't work for a single site install either, lol.

The easiest way to mask the fact that you're using Divi on a single site is to modify the information in the theme's style.css file so you can have anything you want show up in source code for those curious types... like me. :slight_smile:

Note that doing so might prevent automatic update notifications from showing up in your admin though. Plus, anyone with any sense will still know you're using WordPress and, with a little diligence, can still discover the theme you're using by performing a code search using any of a multitude of specialized search engines like the ones here:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/156219/what-are-the-open-source-code-search-engines-you-know-about

But the best plugin I know of that is designed specifically to help you with hiding everything WordPress is Hide My WP (premium though at $22):
    https://codecanyon.net/item/hide-my-wp-amazing-security-plugin-for-wordpress/4177158

Note here that if you're already using any security plugin like our very own Defender, you'll want to be alert to potential conflicts and be careful when enabling or configuring options.

• William

Thank you Patrick, I have another question for you.

One down side to Divi is it doesn't have microdata weaved throughout it like I am thinking some of these other themes do. I am getting closer, but I am still not good enough to go through my websites line by line and add JSON-LD markup (I've chosen this over isoprop, RFDa microdata types), Do you suggest I continue to improve so that I can line by line insert JSON-LD? If so, where do I go to gain more skills. Do you think that Isoprop gets more real estate on Google SERPS? i.e. the main page and all the secondary pages listed in a cascading fashion? Or do you think I am on the right track to go right for JSON-LD as it is preferred by Google and we know what that means.
    Also, I have learned how to use the data highlighter tool, is that in place of this coding skill? Should I have both in my skill set (data highlighter tool & microdata line by line). I typically have OG in my pages (from yoast), and a small blurb of SCHEMA basically notating the website as a local business. Which is good, but not great.

Please advise how I move forward with this. I am a business owner that builds websites, but I am not a hard coder, I am swinging back to educating myself in the ways of developers, but I am a business owner swinging back, not vise versa.

• William

Patrick,
    I noticed that the original menu is showing up on mobile phones. I have added the unique menu, and I think it looks great. But I see that the old (traditional) menu with mobile menu still shows up on the phone!
    Do you have the css to make it magically disappear as well!
    Thank you

• William

Thank you. But why is it that I have to post this change in my divi custom css location and not my child theme? When I paste it first into my child theme, there is no change. But then I pasted it into my divi custom css area like you initially told me to do on there code, it worked. Why!?
    How am i suppose to know when to post on child theme css sheet and inside my divi editor custom css spot. I thought the custom css spot was dangerous because updated my theme would whipe that area of custom css?
    Do you have all of these answers? lol
    W.

• William

patrick,
    I answered my own question. I did not have my child theme active. So I activated my child theme and then moved over the code into the child theme css, but it didn't work. I guess I need new code to make the top menu disappear and the mobile menu disappear. I wish you could teach me to fish as well, how are you getting the information in order to give me the css? Do you know of a good Youtube or article I could read?
    Thank you

• William

For some reason, when I engaged my child theme it showed back up on mozilla, and on mobile. Can you send me the css to hide it. I don't see it on my chrome, but from others chrome i do see it. It's the weirdest thing. I am trying to get rid of the green menu at the top as I installed a unique menu!
    W.
    golife.org

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.