I am trying to install a custom header into MarketPress but is not updating the header

I am trying to load my custom header into MarketPress/Gridmarket but for some reason it wont update!..appreciate any advise here.

Many Thanks

James

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

Thanks for the reply and your advise on the cache/browser plugin.

I have checked possible plugins, tried deactivating a number of possibilities and have also deleted cache from browsers but this has not resolved the issue with the header.

It’s a bit strange since my header and custom settings would indicate that my custom header should be set, but is not showing!

If I set the support access, would you kindly have a quick look and see if you can see anything obvious that may be causing this issue?

Many Thanks

James

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

Yes, thanks for that, it was showing up fine but I have had to change it back for now while I try to figure out how to get the original base header color removed. Its probably something I am either doing or not doing but still a bit unsure!

The custom logo I had done which is a gradient blue was sitting on top of the original light blue header color but I was unable to blend it in properly.

Can I ask you ash, I had the custom header done as 980 x 100 but can I apply a header that covers the original header width and height?, as I have got to like the way the original one sat.

Or, is it possible to apply a custom color to the original header, which has a limited amount of color choices?

Thanks

James

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

Yes I mean the background color that goes left to right as I have no idea how to deal with this issue!

Either way both resolutions would be great!..I would prefer to have the custom header blend in with background color left to right but can’t see how to accomplish this!

Solution to either would be great thanks!

James

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi there Ash!

Hope you are well today, I apologize for the delay in getting back to you but been very busy today!

Yes, the header is now looking fine Ash!..don’t know how you did it but thanks very much, it’s a big help and another issue out of the way.

Best Wishes

James

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi again Ash,

Hope you are keeping well today, I have issue on my site regarding my header and also my menu bar, which have both changed again for some strange reason.

I have not been working on my site for the last week or so but went in tonight and saw that there were four plugin updates available so I updated them.

I then started looking at my site and found that the last support you did for me to blend the header across the page has gone back to narrow view again but don’t know how you did it in the first place.

In addition I noticed that my menu has changed and looks strange!

My main menu with drop downs seems to have been moved around and can’t seem to set the proper menu which spans the length of the menu bar immediately below the header.

One of my custom main top level menu category lists has somehow disappeared “Hypnosis CDs” and I can’t see it in the menu list within the menu settings page.

All the sub categories are there but have been moved down to the bottom of the menu list in menu settings page. “Hypnosis CDs” was showing after Hypnosis Downloads in that order within the menu bar but has been moved somehow!

If you see the site now, the main menu bar is only showing a few headings which does not correlate to the main uber menu at all.

I don’t know what has happened here but I can’t seem to set the menu within the menu settings after saving it and it doesn’t take effect.

I am also not seeing the “Custom” setting within the menu option/configuration on left side of page to re-set and add “Hypnosis CDs” as a main heading in the menu bar! This is where I would then add all of the sub items below it within the menu settings page!

I don’t know if its happened through updating my plugins or what but really strange!

This is a bit urgent as I need to get my site complete within the next two weeks.

Hope you can assist with this issue please.

Many Thanks

James

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @james,

I’ve called my colleague @ashok back to this thread, so that he can assist you further. As he’ll need to have a look at your website again, could I ask you to send in the following information please?

– In the subject field add “Attn-Ash”

– Link back to this thread

– Include WordPress admin access details

– Include FTP log-in details

– Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select “I have a different question“, this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to him.

Contact Us

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.