I am trying to install the Google Analytics + plugin using

I am trying to install the Google Analytics + plugin using the WPMU Dev Dashboard. The installation is failing because it says the folder is already present in my wp-content/plugins folder. I am looking at my beta server and it is not being displayed, so I have two questions.

1. Would this folder (public_html/wp-content/plugins/google-analytics-async/) be hidden during previous installation? Even the dashboard doesn't recognize it - so I was going to delete and reupload but it is not appearing on my server.
2. Is there a way for me to download the plugin from a link so I can install manually?

Thanks for the help!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Ryan,

1. Would this folder (public_html/wp-content/plugins/google-analytics-async/) be hidden during previous installation? Even the dashboard doesn't recognize it - so I was going to delete and reupload but it is not appearing on my server.

I suspect that there is other issue on your site - can you tell me if you need to provide FTP details when you install any plugin or theme? If yes then please you try putting your FTP credentials directly in wp-config.php

define( 'FTP_USER', 'username' );
    define( 'FTP_PASS', 'password' );
    define( 'FTP_HOST', 'ftp.example.org:21' );

after that you could be able to install plugins from WPMU DEV Dashboard. If this is not the case would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

2. Is there a way for me to download the plugin from a link so I can install manually?

Because you are trial member at this moment you can only install plugins only through the WPMU DEV Dashaboard (please see here how trial accounts are working http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/how-free-trials-work/
    )

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.