I am trying to restore from Snapshot but it keeps failing

I have multisite installed.
I have 5 backups using Snapshot and am trying to restore from the most recent and the restore process keeps failing. I tried to initiate a chat and was informed that I am number 6 in line and the wait time will be 65 minutes or so. I chose to wait but the connection was lost. So now I am filing this. Please contact me ASAP.

• Majid

Hello Nelson Bonner
    I hope you are doing great today :slight_smile:

In order to debug the issue better and see clearly what's happening when the Snasphot backup is being initiated, we would like to enable the debug logs and also perform a plugin conflict test which will require us to disable all the plugins of the site and keep Snapshot only.

If you think that it's fine for us to do such tests then please proceed with sending us the credentials and the details requested bellow. Otherwise if you want to do this yourself then here are the following steps.

1. Plugins Conflict Test
    The simplest way to perform a plugin conflict test:
    * Login to your site via FTP
    * Navigate to wp-content
    * Rename the plugins folder to _plugins
    * Move the plugin folder (ex: Snapshot) you want to test from _plugins to plugins

NOTE: While you are doing this, do not visit WP Admin -> Plugins on your site. This will ensure that your plugins remain active when you copy them back over.

This way you should have Snapshot as the only active plugin, Now try to run a backup and see what happens.
    If the issue was still there you should proceed with the next step (Keep the plugins disabled)

2. Enabling the debug logs
    * Open your site files using a file transfer client like FileZilla or Via cPanel from using the File Editor.
    * Locate wp-config.php which should be in your WordPress root folder.
    * Open this file and find the line that says define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );, and replace it with the following:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

* Save it and replace the old wp-config.php with this one you just edited.

Now you will run a new backup, this will trigger the error logs and if there is any errors they should be logged in a file called debug.log under wp-content/debug.log

So yes, check that folder and try to upload the debug.log here in a reply (Make sure you change it's extension from .log to .txt) or upload to something like Dropbox.

In case this didn't work or it's beyond your skills we would be happy to check for you, you just need to send the following credentials using this form and the template

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Subject: “Attn: *Majid Hamdani*”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login URL
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Best Regards,
    Majid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.