I am trying to set

I am trying to set up a test course on my site but I am struggling to use the plugin, the test one I have created is not even showing on the course page.

The client has asked for...

1. A new section providing information about training that is being organised at school in the following categories – Course title, overview, description, date and time, venue.
2. We would like people to be able to select the course they want to attend and book through the website – adding name, school, and contact details
3. A notification email to confirm their booking (training@ourlady.........)
4. I can use Wordpress a little so would be able to add the content once it is set up and I have been shown how to.
5. We do not have confirmed details of first event yet so could you add the section and use TEST as the name of the first course?

So can all of the above be achieved with this plugin? In particular the email to training@
and the booking form?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Jennifer,

Hope you're doing well today

I had a look at your site and can see that course is not showing in your courses page but it is shown on courses-dashboard, could you please perform basic troubleshooting by disabling your other plugins and switching to default WP theme and see if the courses page is showing your course after that.
    That would tell us if there are any conflicts on that end and where to look further.

1. A new section providing information about training that is being organised at school in the following categories – Course title, overview, description, date and time, venue.

I'm not sure that understand this request, this should be a page that lists all your courses?

2. We would like people to be able to select the course they want to attend and book through the website – adding name, school, and contact details

CoursePress currently asks for First and Last name, Username and email address.
    What you can do is go to CoursePress > Settings and disable "Use Custom Login Form" option from there and then use BuddyPress and Xprofile fields for collecting additional student information.

3. A notification email to confirm their booking (training@ourlady.........)

CoursePress emails can be configured from CoursePress > Settings > Email Settings panel.

4. I can use Wordpress a little so would be able to add the content once it is set up and I have been shown how to.

Once you have created course you can add units, pages and elements to configure your course content.
    You can find more info about configuring content by checking plugin usage page here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/coursepress-pro/#product-usage

5. We do not have confirmed details of first event yet so could you add the section and use TEST as the name of the first course?

Could you please elaborate this a bit more because I'm not sure I understand your question?

Hope I didn't miss any questions

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Milan

Hello Jennifer ,

Hope you are well today and wont' mind me chiming here.

I conducted few conflict tests on your site and found that its your theme which is not rendering courses. I was able to see the list of courses at specified slug with WordPress standard themes. Please see this screenshot.

So its now clear that its theme conflict and to know why theme which you are using is not able to list it, please contact theme developer and let them know about this issue.

Let us know what they say on this. If they are not able to fix it, please feel free to ping us here.
    Have a nice day.
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Jennifer

Hi, I've now created a sub domain with a new installation of Wordpress and I have the plugin working ok.

I'm just struggling with the enrol form. I have installed BuddyPress and set up a custom form. However when I try the enrol now button on the demo course, it automatically enrols me and a pop up appears congratulating me on the enrolment and then just sends confirmation email. I need it go to the form I have created so that the student fills in the required fields which are then sent via email to the instructor.

Please can you help.

Thanks
    Jen

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jennifer!

The CoursePress "popup registration form" is an internal form and it's not integrated with BuddyPress. It will show up the way it does regardless of whatever field are added via BuddyPress.

There is a feature request in our internal system for integration but I'm not able to give you any ETA on this. We are currently testing a new major release of CoursePress plugin and once its published our developers would then get back to adding new features.

With a current release this would require some custom development. The workaround would be to rebuild the site's structure a bit to:

- hide signup button for not-logged in users
    - display a "register" link on the same course description page so they'd be directed to a standard user registration (where you BP additional fields are used)
    - then preferably redirect users back after registration (based e.g. on referrer) to the course description page where a regular "Enroll" link would then be shown automatically (as it is for logged in users).

Would that work for you?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris

Hey there Jennifer,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in!

I attach you here a .zip file containing a CoursePress Child Theme.
    Feel free to add it and activate it as a normal WP theme from Appearance -> Themes -> Add new.
    The change here is in /coursepress-child/content-course-overview#50-55

<?php
    if ( is_user_logged_in() ) {
      echo do_shortcode( '[course_join_button]' );
     } else {
      echo '<a href="/register" class="button signup">Sign Up!</
     }
    ?>

Please keep in mind to change /register to the appropriate Buddypress registration page if doesn't match.

Hope that helps, feel free to post back here if more assistance is required!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jennifer!

The child theme provided by Dimitris does one thing only: replaced the "Enroll" button with simple link to your registration page. Assuming that after clicking "Sign up" link you are taken to your BP registration form it should work.

The point is though that it will not register user for a course. It will only let user register a regular WP user account. As I mentioned previously, this is a workaround so if that way works for you we'd need then to find a way to redirect user after registration back to the course page and where a join course button would then be shown.

I think I'll be able to help you with this but I'd like to make sure first that I correctly understood your recent post. As you said: "it doesn't do anything if filled in!". Do you mean that it doesn't even let user register (setup an account of your site) or is it only that it does not enroll user for course?

I'm asking it to make sure whether I should focus on troubleshooting registration process or rather enhancing Dimitris' code

Let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jennifer

Hi Adam,

When I filled in the form, there is no indication that it has been submitted successfully. I also didn't receive a confirmation email. However it has set me up as a wordpress user.

Ideally, I think the form when filled in should show that it has been sent, with some sort of thanks message. Then an email should be sent as confirmation.
    Perhaps this email should then have a link to the registration page so that the student can enrol on the course.

Is there also a way of styling the sign up link so that it is a button (as it was on the original theme), I feel that at the moment it's not very prominent.

Hope that's all ok.

Many Thanks
    Jen

• Dimitris

Hey there Jennifer,

I trust you're well today!

I just went ahead and tried to register a dummy user (username: dimitriswpmudev) and see that in action. Additionally, my user doesn't seem to be created.
    As I wasn't able to locate any error in console though, could you please try to deactivate the "Fusion Core" plugin (isn't really necessary as long as Avada theme isn't active), clear all of your caches and try once more?

If this comes down to nothing, I'd like you to enable WP_DEBUG just in case there're any related catchable errors that might help us. Simply access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /*That’s it! Stop editing… */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by registering a dummy user. By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created. Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Jennifer

Hi Dimitris,

I have done as per above. The fusion core plugin didn't do anything and so here's the debug text. ...

[22-Oct-2016 10:59:22 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$object in /home/ourladys/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-filters.php on line 229
    [22-Oct-2016 10:59:22 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$object in /home/ourladys/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-filters.php on line 229
    [22-Oct-2016 10:59:31 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$object in /home/ourladys/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-filters.php on line 229
    [22-Oct-2016 10:59:31 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$object in /home/ourladys/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-filters.php on line 229
    [22-Oct-2016 11:00:16 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$object in /home/ourladys/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-filters.php on line 229
    [22-Oct-2016 11:00:16 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$object in /home/ourladys/public_html/courses/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-filters.php on line 229

• Jennifer

Hi,

I've disabled BuddyPress and have instead added a basic form onto the enrolment page. This works fine as is probably the easiest way to go.

My only issues are now that I would like the sign up link to be a button, the same as on the original theme. I'd also like to remove the 'dashboard' and 'log in' links from the top menu as these are not required and will just confuse people I think.

Thanks for you help

• Dimitris

Hey there Jennifer,

I would like the sign up link to be a button, the same as on the original theme

You should use some custom CSS for this. You can either use a plugin like Simple Custom CSS or use the /wp-content/themes/coursepress-child/style.css file, in order to attach the following rule:

a.button.signup {
      min-height: 32px;
      min-width: 100px;
      padding: 5px;
      float: right;
      background-color: #0facd9;
      background: #0facd9;
      color: #fff;
      text-align: center;
      display: block;
      font-family: 'Dosis', sans-serif;
      font-size: 22px;
      text-transform: uppercase;
      white-space: nowrap;
      overflow: hidden;
      text-overflow: ellipsis;
      margin-top: 1px;
      -moz-border-radius: 0px;
      -webkit-border-radius: 0px;
      border-radius: 0px;
      border: none;
      text-shadow: none;
      font-weight: 300;
      box-shadow: none;
      cursor: pointer;
      -webkit-appearance: button;
    }

I'd also like to remove the 'dashboard' and 'log in' links from the top menu as these are not required and will just confuse people I think.

In order to do so, you should first disable the custom menu items that comes from CoursePress. Simply go to CoursePress -> Settings and deactivate the Display menu items checkbox.

Afterwards, you should create a standard WP menu from Appearance -> Menus, insert the links you need and assign it in the Primary menu.

Kind regards,
    Dimitris