I am trying to set up App+ for a clinic which has two

I am trying to set up App+ for a clinic which has two Doctors. The instructions/help chatter refers to primary and secondary calendars and problems of syncing the two. Please advise what the definitions of each are. In my case I have two service providers, the two Doctors. Intuitively, I would have thought that each Doctor needs his own calendar for his bookings and overlaying the two would show total bookings. However, I am then confused by referral to the primary calendar, what is it? Secondly, I cannot find any instructions on how you set up the calendars for individual service providers. There are instructions that state that each service provider will have to quote 'go through the same process' in their user profiles. However, when I go to the User Profile section, the App+ section is greyed out and will not allow me to enter keys, Id's etc. So I'm at a loss as to how to set up. Please advise.

• Tyler Postle

We meet again Mike!

I would have thought that each Doctor needs his own calendar for his bookings and overlaying the two would show total bookings.

Yes, each doctor can have their own calendar then you can also have 1 page that includes both doctors and you have drop downs to select which doctor you want to go with :slight_smile:

When you check the "Create an appointment page" box within the general settings, it will give you the joint calendar. Where the user selects a service and service provider(doctor) then gets the corresponding calendar.

You can list a specific service provider by altering the shortcode a little bit.

This shortcode for example will give you the doctor with provider ID = 2.

[app_schedule worker="2"]

Then you could also specify a service in there with service="1". Then it will give a calendar where users can setup appointments and it will only show that doctor and that service :slight_smile:

I just realized, are you talking about setting up Google Calendar integration? This video should help with that: http://youtu.be/Uh-K-6Sxu3I

The process may have changed a bit since that video just because Google tends to change things around quite often but it should still be very similar. If you have questions on any of the steps then just let us know :slight_smile:

We'll be more than happy to help!

Look forward to hearing back Mike.

All the best,
    Tyler

• pxwm

Hi @Tyler Postle - I hope you don't mind me chiming in

Hi @mike

You mention in your post:

However, when I go to the User Profile section, the App+ section is greyed out and will not allow me to enter keys, Id's etc.

To make changes to the A+ section in the Wordpress user profile relating to each of the 'Service Providers' you have to login as the actual Wordpress user and not as Admin.
    This will then allow you to add the key etc.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• mike

Hi Tyler,
    Back on the case again. Still confused with your login instructions. The service providers do not have a wordpress user login? They have a google account log in but logging them in to Google makes no difference, the input boxes remain greyed out.
    I as web master (www.etonchiropracticclinic.com) have the only login to the control panel within which sits the user profile.
    So I don't understand where/how/when I login the service providers as the actual Wordpress users and not as admin. Help!
    Cheers,
    Mike.

• pxwm

Hi @mike

To confirm each 'Service Provider' has to be a registered Wordpress user otherwise you can't create them as a 'Service Provider'

Once you have created a Wordpress user profile you can then create them as a 'Service Provider' in A+ and then you can assign each 'Service Provider' to one or more 'Services'

However I'm confused because in your post you do indicate the following:-

There are instructions that state that each service provider will have to quote 'go through the same process' in their user profiles. However, when I go to the User Profile section, the App+ section is greyed out and will not allow me to enter keys, Id's etc. So I'm at a loss as to how to set up. Please advise.

When it states 'in their user profile' this is referring to their Wordpress user profile.
    You also mention:-

when I go to the User Profile section, the App+ section is greyed out and will not allow me to enter keys, Id's etc.

So I'm assuming from this you have logged in to the Wordpress dashboard as Admin and selected 'profile' in the left hand menu and selected their User profile.

If my assumption is correct then instead of logging in to the Wordpress dashboard then login as the Wordpress user and then you can make changes to the relevant A+ fields.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.