I am trying to set up the Fundraising plugin on my account.

I am trying to set up the Fundraising plugin on my account. Everything is up and running, but I am having a problem I am using the Gravity Forms (gravityforms.com) plugin to process both PayPal payments and Credit Cards via PayPal, so I already have the IPN set to work with that.

In order for Fundraising to work properly, I need to use an IPN... https://lamplightartists.com/wdf-payment-return/paypal/ . The problem is that PayPal only allows 1 IPN per account.

PayPal Support says there is nothing I can do other than pay a developer to help me come up with a work around. Any ideas?

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, Skstarkiller!

I'm going to agree with PayPal here, working with a developer is going to be your best course of action. Here's why:
    1. It's a big job, and it's going to take a lot of programming time from a dev who has a lot of experience working with PayPal and knows their APIs extremely well.
    2. It's a delicate job, you're dealing with the exchange of money and collecting cc info, you want to make sure your solution is rock solid for the security of all your future shoppers.
    3. It's going to be an ongoing job, as PayPal changes their API a lot. You want one point of contact here, the very person who knows your system as well as they know PayPal.

I'm not a PayPal dev, so there's a chance the right pro may have a quick and easy solution for you that I'm unaware of, which is yet another good reason to hire a pro here. They might be able to save you a lot of time and frustration, without breaking the bank.

My advice would be to talk to several developers (you can try freelance sites, some are more reputable than others, but you'll have to do your homework no matter from which pool you hire.), and ask to see examples of sites the worked on with projects of a similar scope, if not identical in execution to yours. I'd look for equal skills in WordPress development and PayPal API integration, specifically with IPN experience. A good dev should have several examples on hand to show you.

Thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.