I am trying to upload a theme to a new site, however, each

I am trying to upload a theme to a new site, however, each of the downloads that I made from WPMU DEV to my computer each have .html attached to the file. Taking it away doesn't seem to help. (I did right click and save as...)

• Aicee Taguilaso
    • WordPress Warrior

Hi @ElevateHer!

Hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Have you successfully downloaded the .zip file? When you click the Download link or through right-click > Save as, it should download/save the .zip file.

Another way of installing our themes/plugins is through using our WPMU Dev dashboard plugin.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

Looking forward to your response! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Aicee

• ElevateHer
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks Aicee,

The problem is actually in the downloading. When I right click to save it as a .zip it adds a .html to the end so the file saved on my computer is then, .....zip.html which does work. I tried simply deleting the .html from the file name, however, that didn't work either.

I will try the dashboard plugin.

Thanks,
    Lori (Elevateher)

• Aicee Taguilaso
    • WordPress Warrior

Hi there, Lori!

I'm unable to replicate the issue that you're having when you right click and save it.
    Have you also try just left-clicking the download link?

Yes, please try the dashboard plugin. It'll be really useful to you, it also lets you easily manage wpmu dev plugins/themes updates. :slight_smile:

If you have any further questions, just let us know. Have a great day!

Regards,
    Aicee

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.