I am unable to create a new blog template.

Whenever I try to create a new blog template, I get either one of these two error messages:

Whoops! The blog ID you posted is incorrect. You cannot template the main site. Please go back and try again. (Generated by New Blog Templates)

or

Whoops! The blog ID you posted is incorrect. Please go back and try again. (Generated by New Blog Templates)

I am not sure how to select the blog ID and I think that's what triggers the error. I have looked into the documentation on https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/
but I don't understand if I have to give the template an ID or if I have use the template ID from the edit option of the chosen theme.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @thetavibe

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

With the latest update, the main site, blog ID 1 can't be templated anymore due to problems that was being caused by using the main blog as a template.

With the other error, You can find the blog ID needed by going to network-admin > sites > and hover over the site name you want to create a template from, at the end of the URL you should see a id= and a number after it, it's that number you enter into the box :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.