I am unable to drag and drop in the widget area and visual form builder

yesterday I reactivated JetPack and I don't know if its that or something else. But when trying to move or add to the widget area I am unable to drag and drop. I am also working in Visual Form Builder and experiencing the same thing. Can you help?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Roberta, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

What subsite on your Multisite network are you running into this on? I noticed on your main site that there seems to be a delay between where I can start dragging and dropping a widget, but I'm still able to do it.

For the form side of things, I'm seeing that there's a delay between when I place a form element on the page, and when it actually shows up, but I'm still able to place it.

Was Jetpack the only thing you've activated recently? What if you were to try disabling it again? I'd want to try walking back through the more recent changes that were made up to the point where this started to act funny.

Please advise,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Roberta,

By "event calendar", are you referring to our Events+ plugin, or something else? I didn't see a plugin called Event Calendar on your site when I checked.

I tried disabling both Events+ & Jetpack just now, and even with them both disabled, I'm not seeing a difference in performance... it seems like there's something else causing a problem here.

There's quite a bit active on your site, could I ask you to have a go at our basic troubleshooting flowchart, found at the bottom of our Getting Support page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

And letting me know what you find please? We also mention a method of disabling plugins via FTP at the bottom there, that'll allow you to safely disable plugins, without actually having them be disabled inside the database. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

P.S. In my testing, when I've been running into a delay, I've been using Google Chrome, so it doesn't seem like it's a IE only issue.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.