I am unable to login to the site

I am trying to login to one of my subsite on a multisite. It says that my user name or password is incorrect. I had to change the password and still got the same problem.

• Play Tienda
    • Flash Drive

Hola creo que lo mejor que puedes hacer es una limpieza a la base de datos o optimizarlas, también toma en cuenta que si usas algún plugin de cache debes vaciarlo para que surja efecto.

Intenta esto y si aun no puedes me das mas detalles para poder ayudarte, saludos y bendiciones.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Roy,

I could notice the issue when tested in your subsite. Since the login does work fine with other subsites, I’m afraid this seems to be more of a conflict specific within your subsite.

I could notice you have a staging site setup, is it okay, if I reset the staging, and run a conflict test in your staging site so that we could check further regarding what’s causing the issue?

Please do let us know whether you are comfortable with us performing the above action so that we could check further asap. Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day ahead.

Best Regards,

Nithin

• Roy
    • Flash Drive

Thank you so much, Nithin for your efforts in helping solve this problem for me.

Please go ahead and perform the action and any other necessary actions that would help fix the issue.

Thank you and God bless you.

Roy

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Roy,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I further tested your website by creating a new staging site, and the login does work fine when the subsite URL accessed via the original domain in the staging website.

Seems like the issue exists only with the mapped domain, which I’m afraid could only be troubleshooted further via a live site. Could you please check, and see whether you notice the issue when you unmap the domain in the live site and check whether the login works fine when accessing via the original subsite URL instead of the mapped domain?

Please check whether re-mapping the domain makes any difference or not too. If you still notice issue even after re-mapping, then are you comfortable with us running further teste by unmapping the domain in the live subsite?

Please let us know how that goes so that we could check further if needed.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Roy
    • Flash Drive

Hi Nithin, Thank you so much for your response.

My position here is that I am unable to login to the subsite’s dashboard, so I can’t do anything on the site.

I tried to access the subsite’s dashboard via my multisite, but was always redirected to the mainsite’s dashboard instead. I can’t access the domain mapping at the subsite.

Please help me. Do whatever you can from your end. I am trying my best but I am not techy, so techincal terminologies and issues frequently confuse me. I am still learning but determined to get there.

In fact it was one of your colleagues that helped me when I was struggling with the mapping the subsite.

Thank you so much for your efforts. Looking forward to cheerful result.

Blessings,

Roy

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Roy,

I went ahead and created a new super admin account to see how the login works with a new user account, and the issue seems to be the same within the subsite. The login does work with other users.

My position here is that I am unable to login to the subsite’s dashboard, so I can’t do anything on the site.

What I meant is access the subsite dashboard once you log into the network dashboard, and unmap the domain. I logged in to the subsite dashboard as mentioned via the new user account, however, I don’t see any setting where the domain is mapped, so I could test further by unmapping the domain, and checking how the login works.

I suppose you are using Domain Mapping plugin to map the domains? Could you please point out where exactly you have mapped the domain? In general, the page where the mapping is done is located in the subsite dashboard, under Tools > Domain Mapping page.

However, I could notice there isn’t any such page in the subsite dashboard. Rest of the subsite does have the mentioned page, except for the nigerian-pidgin-language/ subsite which is odd.

I tested in the staging, and also deactivated al the plugins, and theme except for Domain Mapping plugin but still the same issue with Tools > Domain Mapping page not showing u on nigerian-pidgin-language subsite, hence hindering the troubleshooting process.

Could you please advise if I’m missing anything specific regarding this so that we could move ahead with troubleshooting this further?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Nithin

• Roy
    • Flash Drive

Hey Nithin,

The problem we had was that when tried to access nigerian-pidgin-language subsite’s dashboard, we were redirected to the mainsite’s (Materialblessings.com) dashboard. So we could not get to nigerian-pidgin-language subsite’s dashboard and consequently, could not see the Domain mapping page for the subsite

I somehow got to the mapped domain (nigerian-pidgin-language.com) page. I saw that the word “Invalid” is written in red under “Health Status”. I don’t understand what it means. Could you please take a look and help fix the issue and other ones related to the domain mapping.

Thank you so much, Nithin

Roy

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Roy,

Seems like you changed the password for the user roy@nigerian-xxx-langxxx.com, I’m getting the following error in general when tried to login

ERROR: The password you entered for the email address roy@nigerian-xxxx-lanXxx.com is incorrect. Lost your password?

Since I already had created another super admin user(wpmudevnithin), I accessed the website, and on further troubleshooting, I could notice how the domain which was mapped was causing the issue.

The domain was mapped as http, while the domain was trying to load via https due to the SSL. I have removed the domain, and re-mapped the domains again in the subsite dashboard with https URL, under Tools > Domain Mapping, and now the issue should be resolved.

I could access the subsite without any issues when I tried to access via the subsite WP admin login, couldn’t replicate the issue any more.

Please do clear the browser cache, and check whether you could log in fine with the mentioned user.

It works fine in my test, please let us know how that goes, have a nice day ahead.

Best Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.