I am unable to swap out pictures from the Spirit theme

Hi there

it has been about 6 weeks since I have been in my website. I tried to swap out the images from the Main page of the Spirit theme and I am unable to. i am not sure why. Could someone please help me?

Thank you

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Elsie,

Sorry for the delay, I was able to notice that the images aren't showing while logged in, but when I log out of your website the images load fine.

It seems like you are using GoDaddy Managed WordPress Hosting, and the issue is related to the GoDaddys inbuilt Cache. We had similar issues regarding this before, where the user had to contact GoDaddy to clear the cache from the server side, in order to fix this issue. Could you please get in touch with GoDaddy, and and then check whether it works fine. Please do clear your browser cache, once the cache is cleared from the GoDaddys side.

I checked your website further by loading Upfront, and I was able to notice 500 internal server error in the console, and dependency issues in Upfront. To solve, that you'll have to increase your memory limit, you'll have to create a file .user.ini in your root directory, and add the following rule in the file:
    memory_limit = 512M

If you still have issues with increasing memory limit, would recommend you to get in touch with your host, and ask to increase the memory limit from your side.

Once done, please edit the wp-config.php, located in your root directory, and add the following code in it:
    define('UPFRONT_DEBUG_LEVELS', 'dependencies');

Please make sure to place the above code, just before the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could give a closer look. Sorry for any inconvenience. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Elsie
    • Flash Drive

Hi there
    I have contacted GoDaddy to clear the cache from the server side, and I also cleared the my browser cache after it was done from GoDaddy, and I still have the exact same issues.

Is there a way to call me? I am literally sitting here waiting at a coworking space to do this. Since I blocked off 3.5 days to work on this, I have nothing else with me. I need to move forward faster.

• Elsie
    • Flash Drive

It has been almost 12 hours now. I understand there is a queue. If I was to leave people in queue like this for my business I would not be in business. I need this resolved today or I would like to cancel my account and I will register with D.A.P. Access instead. The offer the same idea and I can say when I call or message, I get responses quickly and excellent follow up.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Elsie,

At the moment we only offer assistance through forums, and Live Support, and yes we do have a queue to follow when it comes to replying to threads, and we always try to respond to threads asap, sorry for any delay.

I checked your system, and the images aren't loading in your site, this is more related to Godaddys cache, and memory limit. I could still notice that the memory limit is still 256, did you increase the memory as mentioned above? Did you also add the code in wp-config.php as mentioned above?

If you have already tried to increase the memory limit, and if that didn't work, pleas check whether the following article helps. If you are still not sure on how to increase this, please get in touch with your host.
    http://codingcyber.com/how-to-increase-php-memory-limit-on-godaddy-hosting-882/

Could you also check with GoDaddy whether they could disable server side caching for your site?

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Elsie
    • Flash Drive

Hi there
    I myself am a complete novice. I do not code. I have been relying on the builder. I am great with the builder and resourceful to reach out for help. I have learned that the new cache updates made early December by GoDaddy on the Managed Wordpress platforms do not mesh with WPMU Dev's Themes. (I had a couple of great people who helped me out to figure this out. This may be why many people are having odd issues since beginning of Dec 2016. So GoDaddy has moved my page to an unmanaged Wordpress platform...or in exact terms that i don't really follow "Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel"
    I am now starting from scratch in a world beyond my knowledge.

Do you have any links to setting up the necessities? An example would be, Setting up the General settings on Upfront, security plugins, etc. from scratch?

Thank you in advance

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Elsie,

If you have trouble with increasing memory limits on your goDaddy account and add line to wp-config.php we can do that for you. Could you please send in the following via our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ :

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Kasia Swiderska
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include cPanel credentials
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please confirm in thread that you send those

Do you have any links to setting up the necessities? An example would be, Setting up the General settings on Upfront, security plugins, etc. from scratch?

There is no such thing, because in most of the cases Upfront work without problem - when there are issues that is depending usually on server configuration and then we have recognize problem first and then apply certain setting.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.