I am using a members plugin for a multisite WordPress site.

Hello,

I am using a members plugin for a multisite WordPress site. I am looking for some recommendations for registration form/page plug-ins? I have previously tried Register Plus Redux and Simplr User Registration Form Plus among others which have all proven unsuccessful for one reason or another.

Please help?

• Vaughan

Hi Andor,

Hope you're well?

Membership as it's own registration system, so without custom coding it's not easy to add options to the registration of membership.

The easiest option if you require custom fields is to use BuddyPress plugin, membership will work with buddypress, so any custom fields you create using BP X-Profile custom fields, will also be included on the membership registration page. You don't have to use any other features of buddypress, but it's very useful for it's custom fields system.

Hope this helps

• andor

Hello again,

Having read a number of reviews about Buddypress we have decided not to go with it for as there is a risk of crashing out live site but it is something that we will bear in mind.

We have realised that it is nigh impossible to edit the registration form which is a problem as we have established that there is a rather large bug: you can only use lowercase letters to fill it out?! Is this a known bug? And how can it be fixed?

Also, is there any way of adding text into the registration form so as to warn users that they must only use lowercase letters? We have yet to find a way and it's causing us and our users grief.

Please advise.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @andor,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

The users can use uppercase letters in their password, but it's WordPress standard to only allow lowercase in usernames (they can use uppercase in display names).

You can add a message to the standard registration page (/register), by going to your wp-admin > pages > register > edit, Add in your message and that will display above the form. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.