I am using the Dating Solutions plugin and want to use

I am using the Dating Solutions plugin (http://www.datingsolutions.biz) and want to use events+ and protected content to allow paid members to see specific event categories.

So 1. How do I set specific event categories to protected?
2. Connect protected content to the Dating Memberships?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @technodiva, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

#1: At the moment, this would require some custom development, as noted over here by my colleague Jack:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/protecting-custom-taxonomies-in-protected-content

This does seem like a very good feature to add though, and I would advise posting your vote over there. :slight_smile:

#2: I haven't used the Dating Solutions plugin before, but I'd be more than glad to have a closer look at this. Could you please enable Support Access to your site, so that I can do that? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Ash

Hello @technodiva

I hope you are well today.

Protecting the events category would be little complex, but doable. Please follow the following steps:

1. Go to Events > Settings > Plugin settings > Set your root slug here put the following: events/%eab_events_category% (exactly same as I wrote)

2. Add the following code:

add_filter( 'post_type_link', 'eab_events_category', 10, 4 );
    function eab_events_category( $post_link, $post, $leavename, $sample )
    {
        if ( false !== strpos( $post_link, '%eab_events_category%' ) ) {
            $eab_events_category = get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'eab_events_category' );
    	if( is_array( $eab_events_category ) )
    		$post_link = str_replace( '%eab_events_category%', array_pop( $eab_events_category )->slug, $post_link );
    	else
    		$post_link = str_replace( '%eab_events_category%/', '', $post_link );
        }
        return $post_link;
    }

Note that, this will change your events permalink. Category will be included in the permalink.

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

3. Then go to Protect Content > Add ons and enable URL Protection add on.

4. Go to Protect Content > Protected Content > URL Groups and add the category url in there, like the screenshot. In my case, the category was Ev Cat 1 so the url would be http://domain.com/events/ev-cat-1/* (don't miss the asterisk at the end)

5. Then edit the membership and grant to restrict access of this urls.

It should be okay then :slight_smile:

And what do you mean by "2. Connect protected content to the Dating Memberships?"?

Cheers
    Ash

• technodiva

With this dating plugin, you can create membership levels. Mine are to be basic, premium, and VIP.

With the Premium & VIP options, my goal is to that a member can see events and activities that are planned to bringing the online dating experience offline and with VIP I want to be able to invite people to small events.

Therefore it would be AWESOME to connect the dating membership levels to the membership groups thus be able to restrict content (event viewing) based on their subscription AND use the e-newsletter plugin to facilitate event invites.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.