I am using the Pay Per View plugin, have entered all

I am using the Pay Per View plugin, have entered all of the Paypal setting information, and am receiving the following error message when clicking the payment button:

There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again.
10002 – Security error – Security header is not valid

Please advise.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

That error message would typically only show when the credentials are incorrect. Could you please double check that there's no extra space characters in the credentials and that you're using the credentials for the correct mode you're using (Live vs. Sandbox)?

The resolution for this is most likely to remove your login information from the Paypal checkout settings. Then re-enter that information. It is important to note that if you have copied & pasted this data that you will need to make sure that there no blank spaces before or after where you have highlighted to copy the text. We recommend that you first paste the information into a text editing program such as Notepad or TextEdit to ensure that there are no extra spaces.

Also, after verifying the login information, and/or re-entering it into the plugin, please make sure that you are not in sandbox mode with your PayPal account (both in the plugin, and within your PayPal settings.)

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for posting back.

I think I will need to have a closer look to see what is going on.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

There's no switch at PayPal. Just in the plugin. It just changes which PayPal server the transaction goes to.

That error is pretty specific to bad credentials. They should look something like the image below. Note the Merchant email is an actual email address. The API username usually is much like the email with _api1 appended. Password is short and the Signature is long.

There also may be a difference between the Sandbox and Live credentials. Run through the checklist here on going live.

https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/lifecycle/goingLive/

• Matthew
    • New Recruit

Hi Arnold --

In going through the PP checklist, I'm confused: the app is yours, not mine, right? I just have to load credentials properly?

I have a screen shot of my credentials -- can I send it through a secure email?

thanks,
    Matthew

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.