I am using the Ultimate Branding but not all text can

I am using the Ultimate Branding but not all text can be changed. While for instance I can change the word "like" or "You like this" or "My likes", I cannot do the same when a user is involved. f.e. when "(Members Name) likes this" the phrase "likes this" cannot be changed. Also while i can change globally words like Friends to anything I want, I can't change the "Reshare" button or the "wall".

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, Vasilis!

Which plugin(s) are you using to handle likes, friends, resharing, etc? It sounds like it might not be translation ready. Ultimate Branding's text change feature works like a translation, replacing the original text with your changes, but the files Ultimate Branding is working with need to be ready to translate. (And not all plugins are.)

Happy to help dig in here.

• Vasilis

Hi, thanks for your response! I am using BuddyBoss for wall, media and as a theme, and the BP Reshare plugin. The reshare is not that much of an issue so if it's a matter of translation I will deactivate it. Now, with the Buddyboss wall plugin the favorite button of buddy press is named as "like" by default. And that's what I am trying to change but I can't when a user name is involved while everywhere else I have successfully renamed it, so that's why I am wondering. If it's a matter of translation wouldn't it remain the same everywhere? Are you familiar with these plugins? If they aren't ready to translate is there anything i can do apart from deactivating them?

• Aicee Taguilaso

Hi Vasilis!

Welcome to WPMU Dev Community!
    I'm sorry for the delay here.

Unfortunately, I don't have any access to BuddyBoss plugin. Could you send your FTP credentials so we can check the plugin's files? You can send it here in our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

IMPORTANT: Make sure to select "I have a different question" for the topic and kindly send in the following:

Subject: "Attn: Aicee"
    -WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls/infos

Please let me know here once you send the details.

As for the BP Reshare, have you tried adding "bp-reshare" in the Text Domain field. Please see attached screenshot.

Also, I'm not sure where I can find the texts for "Reshare" button or the "wall". Would you mind sending screenshots or urls/links as well?

Thanks, Vasilis!

Regards,
    Aicee