I am wanting to add social media icons/links in the footer

I am wanting to add social media icons/links in the footer but am unable to do so. Is there a widget or a plugin that I can install to make this possible? I tried the Social Media Widget but there is nowhere to manage widgets through the Wordpress CMS and the Upfront "Widget" drag and drop option does not work either.

• Paul
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you Charles! I downloaded this plugin but it is missing the Instagram link/icon, which I am needing. It also seems to be very focused on putting social media icons in the post area, and I am interested in getting them into the footer of the Spirit theme. Any recommendations for how to accomplish this?

• Charles
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I am only using it as a widget, not adding images. Instagram is one of the accounts that can be set up on the Settings menu, so it would pick up the icon from there. You need to set up the connection in the Settings menu.

Drag a widget box from the left side, and pop open the green button and select "Social Media Feather: Follow us

I have the widget set up at 24x24 size.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Paul! :slight_smile:

I downloaded this plugin but it is missing the Instagram link/icon, which I am needing. It also seems to be very focused on putting social media icons in the post area, and I am interested in getting them into the footer of the Spirit theme. Any recommendations for how to accomplish this?

I just gave this plugin a go on my test site, it includes Pinterest as one of the available networks, and I was able to use the widget inside of the Spirit theme without issue:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/social-stickers/

I am also having an issue now with the Image draggable element - I am only able to make the image either 60px wide or 15px wide?

That would be due to the grid, in order to have a different width, the grid would need to be adjusted. We haven't rolled out the ability to do that yet, but are hoping to do so soon (though I can't offer an ETA on that at this point).

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.