I am well aware of the plugin I just do not know how

I am well aware of the plugin I just do not know how I would protect a certain area for example in your video it says go to access and drag the widget to the box and there is also a short codes under there can you tell me if I want to place a download for something there already seems to be a fluffey.com/downloads would this be the page a drag to the box and were do I place my download see I am use to making my own downloads so I don't know were I would place the file to the downloads page or how to access any short codes if I need it. Also I have been doing SEO SEM for 12 years this moz did not bring me members and when I place the data in the page under pages were it says infinite SEO some data stays some don't. I went to the online web ceo university.
Maybe moz will help I just never herd of it before.

Also what is a phpass because that's whats in my wp-login I herd of a php pass but not that is strange.

Regards Vinny

• Vincent

Hello@ ari hope you are well today also.

Well I don't know exactly were I seen the fluffey.com/downloads although I have read the videos instructions and I see that this is residing in the manage access were you will drag the page you want to protect to the dotted box. After doing so you would edit the page correct I have not done so yet Ari. Although I am wondering how this fluffey.com/downloads was most likely part or the members programming of protected content.
    I am trying to understand the plugin a little bit better.

Example if I go to the settings of the member options were it says manage access correct and I see a side widget I would assume you call it correct it says downloads and short codes. Were I am lost is the part were it says drag the page to the box and edit it. Although if I want to make a page for downloading content can you give me an idea of how this would work.
    What page do I drag to the box and do I need to use short codes.
    I am trying to make a page for downloading files just a simple question.
    Another words lets say I want to make themes although I am not the best at this yet I am trying hard how would I place my zip files would I have to make a page called themes and drag that to the box I am lost I have not done any testing with this yet.

Regards Vinchenzo Cheers

• Vincent

I don't know myself it says in your video to drag the page to the area to protect did you understand that. I also want to change this level1 level 2 registration process it would sound better if a had a basic members and premium members, gold members is how it would sound online I don't understand level1 / level2 . Also I know nothing at all about this plugin why don't someone make a solid instruction on how to use the plugin.
    Example if you make a page protected what dose this actually do I see them adding dollar amounts although I don't see anything further this is were I am confused be more specific with what you are selling to me. Anyone would be confused such as myself sorry dose this make common sense.

Regards Vincent is vinchenzo in Italian yea I am a geek although I rank first page with no keywords figure this geek out.

• Vincent

You are funny I have a mess ok so I can play with a plugin that is not working proper because I had the plugin deactivated although it seem to still be causing issues with my registration process with buddy press sir I am sorry I am not as fast as you are. You are good although I am not what can I say. Although I do have a mess on my hands with this site as I seem to have two registration pages. What I am trying to do is get them to land on the basic free page I have created I did not add any dollar amounts to this. Although as a result of such a problem when the plugin members was deactivated I took the registration process out of my wp-login.php no one would help me they said it was ok when it was not. After activating the plugin members I had a link back to the registration page with a subscription. level1 level2.
    Example if you go to the site fluffey.com and try to register through the sign up link it takes you to the registration page of bb press.
    If you click on the link at the toolbar that's says register it takes me to a subscription I have created on using the great video I seen on you tube.
    No I have a mess I am only one person not a group of programmers although I though that's what I joined this for correct sir.
    So I dragged the basic free to the subscription process and I don't see the free premium subscription I have created that's strange.
    What can I say I don't understand why it would effect my login when deactivated is there anyway to fix this or guess I will just try my best to figure this one out its no big deal its only 6 years now on line with no $ or cents maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thank you

• Tyler Postle

Hey Vincent,

Hope you are well today! I took a look and I do notice that you have the membership subscription registration fluffey.com/register-3 and also the BuddyPress registration fluffey.com/register - did you want one of these to be your main one?

You can also have your users be automatically assigned a subscription level upon a signup if that would work better?

Perhaps you could take some screenshots of the issues you're having then we can see them.

Hope that helps Vincent! Look forward to your reply.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Vincent

Hello hope you are well Tyler

Yes thanks for the help please tell me how to fix this. I am a little new to the members plugin that would be great thanks. I think the main problem is when I hacked up the registration page and took the registration out of the login there was there lines I had taken the registration out of and named it just login because the members plugin was not active and I tried using other plugins and it would not go back to the registration page until I activated the members plugin seem to be an issue. If we could fix this great thanks.

Regards Vinny

• Tyler Postle

Hey Vincent,

I just went through your Membership sign up process and it worked fine. Everything seems to be in order there. Are you just wanting to make the "Sign Up" button and the "Register" link in on your home page point to the subscription sign up instead of BuddyPress one?

Let us know, if that's the case then all you will need to do is change the links from /register to /register-3 :slight_smile:

Hopefully I'm understanding the issue correctly!

Look forward to your reply.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Vincent,

Hope your enjoying your weekend so far :slight_smile:

Yea what I am trying to do is let them know they are signing up for a free basic membership whats strange is if you hit the backlink from the wp-login.php you will get the sign up button that is way all the register processes should be sir most absolutely.

If you sign people up through your http://www.domain.com/register-3/ sign up page then people will have to choose their membership first - that is how Membership is designed to work.

You should change your main navigation "Register" url to the /register-3 page instead of the current /register page. Same with the Sign-up URL on your home page.

That way no matter where they sign up from they have too choose the membership. Is that what you want?

Let us know, we're more than happy to help you resolve this :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.