I am wondering what is the best way to add themes

Hello,

I am wondering what is the best way to add themes to a ProSite enviroment with all their design and content elements?

If a client chooses a theme, then will all the elements and design carry over to their site? I'm not sure what is the best way to do this.

The goal is to create a multisite platform for a specific niche.

Thank you,
Michael

• Luís

Hi @Michael,

I hope had been good today!

Regarding to your first question, when you add a theme through "Themes" section and you enable it to your network, it will be available for all members with all your designs and elements.

Your clients will install your themes having access to all features provided by themes.

If you want to create different user levels and provide special or premium themes, Pro Sites plugin have a module that allows you to choose what themes you want enable to the different user levels.

Meantime, take a look for more information about how Pro Sites plugin works:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/#usage

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/pro-sites-premium-upgrades/

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Luís

Hi @Michael,

I hope had been good today!

So i don't have to make extra sites on the network like site 1 or site 2 with the designs and elements? Just don't want to create extra work if i don't have to.

You don't need to create this links, only if you want to make a live demonstration of the themes functioning.

In theory, i can upload the themes and then import data that puts in the content and what not? Correct?

If the theme need to import external data (e.g. elements, demo content, etc.), then you need to provide links to such content, so, your customers can download them.

E.g., some themes send demo content through the ".rar" file and has to import it manually.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.