I attempted upgrading the CoursesPress plugin and after

I attempted upgrading the CoursesPress plugin and after a while waiting for the dashboard to respond got a 404 kind of error. I went back to attempt the upgrade again but realized that the plugin was no longer displayed in the installed plugin list.
At this point I decided to re-install the plugin but got an install error (screenshot attached) which shows that the plugin is already installed.
I guess manually deleting the plugin folder will allow me to re-install but I am concerned that this happened in the first place.

What went wrong here?

Thanks
Shireen

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Shireen,

Thank you for your question

It seems from the shared screesnhot that you are trying to reinstall CoursesPress the plugin instead of updating it.

Are you upgrading the plugin from WPMU DEV Dashboard updates section or by uploading the plugin zip file from default WordPress plugin uploader?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Shireen,

Thank you for your reply and granting me support staff access.

I checked on your site and found the CoursesPress plugin is not displaying there but when i try to install it it displays the error message "Destination folder already exists"

This error may be causing because when you were upgrading the plugin any unexpected error might occurred on your site( It's working fine on our site ) which caused leave a plugin in partially upgraded state. The wp-content/plugins folder contains CoursesPress plugin folder but the plugin folder doesn't contain all plugin files.

You can resolve this issue by deleting CoursesPress plugin folder using FTP/File Manager.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Shireen
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Vinod
    Why does CoursePress add a Courses and login menu item to my website even though I have not yet published any courses? How can I control these menu items since they don't show up in the appearances -> menu?

Thanks
    Shireen

• Shireen
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Vinod
    CoursePress also seems to take over my logout redirection, How can I prevent that?

I am seeing another problem. Why does installing CoursePress Pro also create MarketPress (Course Pro Bundle) in the plugin list? I already have MarketPress installed but not activated.

Also when I upgrade MarketPress (CoursePress Pro Bundle) from version 2.9.5.3 to 2.9.5.4, CoursePress disappears from the plugin list!

Thanks
    Shireen

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Shireen,

CoursePress also seems to take over my logout redirection, How can I prevent that?

You can disable redirection by unchecking the CoursePress option "Redirect after login" from its settings on the following path.

Admin Area -> CoursePress -> Settings -> General -> WP Login Redirection

I am seeing another problem. Why does installing CoursePress Pro also create MarketPress (Course Pro Bundle) in the plugin list? I already have MarketPress installed but not activated.

The CoursePress plugin comes with MarketPress (Course Pro Bundle) plugin as CoursePress accesses some of the functionality provided by MarketPress like payment gateway. If you don't want to use bundled limited version of MarketPress and instead want to use full version of MarketPress plugin then just deactivate MarketPress bundled plugin and activate full version of it.

Also when I upgrade MarketPress (CoursePress Pro Bundle) from version 2.9.5.3 to 2.9.5.4, CoursePress disappears from the plugin list!

This is a known issue and we are working on it to fix it, could you please try using the solution posted in the following reply to resolve it.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/coursepress-installed-market-press-updated-course-press-gone#post-760149

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.