I been currently

Hi,

I been currently using your temporary hosting domain blueelephant.wpmudev.host which I rebuilt my website under maintenance screen, up to this point everything has been fine, on Friday evening I cancelled by current hosting provider due being in honeymoon period plus also there service response time was crap avg 2300ms.

After cancellation I reset nameservers at hover to there default ns1.hover.com and ns2.hover.com redirecting my domain back to hover, then completed the DNS configurations to point my domain at WPMUDEV and everything appeared to work a treat and straight forward.

This is issue I have now is Up-time monitoring detection it appears my site is up and down like a YoYo, currently have ton of reports it appears to go offline 4x per hour for several minutes, attached screenshot for ref. For you ref I deleted all WPMUDEV plugins and reinstalled them still problem exists, in addition reading other support tickets tried Pingdom test also nothing showing here, attached screenshot too, plus not using any other caching plugins.

Only other thing I can think I have set my domain blueelephant.blue to primary domain which is normal, but when I configured Hover and WPMUDEV to add domain it added additional domain register http://www.blueelephant.blue even though during process I only specified blueelephant.blue, not sure if this could be interfering?

BR,
Steven

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Steven ,

We did have some issues in the past but they've been resolved. I can confirm that it was from the Uptime side of things so no need to worry about the hosting environment and it's settings.

I know that getting informed quite often is not ideal and I'm sorry about that.

I've notified our Developers & Sysadmins to take another look on your setup as well just in case we missed something. We'll get back to you as soon as possible with further details.

On further note since Hosting is still on Beta incidents like this may occur as we constantly change various things to make it run as optimal as possible.

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Steven
    • Flash Drive

Hi Konstantinos,

Thanks for feedback, ok understood, only seemed happen directly after the domain was added, why little concerned.

Sorry for missing ticket title, not sure where it went as I did have "Uptime Monitor Issue".

Steven

• Steven
    • Flash Drive

Hi Konstantinos,

Sorry another question, looked again at my DNS provider Hover.com records, I still have hovers default record for A and CNAME listed, should I delete these, its now duplicate records since adding A and CNAME entries for WPMUDEV?

Steven

• Konstantinos Xenos
      • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Steven ,

Yes only the wpmudev records should be in there else it's like pointing into 2 different servers actually ( except if the default ones that you mention are used as internal NS for hover.com and for that I can't be sure, you might want to view their guide just in case ).

We've looked the issue from our end as well but at the time that Uptime was informing you on the outage we see that it was about the time that you changed the DNS as well so maybe the server's hadn't been propagating fully yet to look at wpmudev.host resulting on a "downtime" as Uptime was trying to contact your previous server, this is common as DNS might need up to 24 hours to refresh fully and look at the new addresses.

Tell us if Uptime is giving you more issues since the DNS should've been fully changed by now.

Regards,
      Konstantinos

• Steven
    • Flash Drive

Hi Konstantinos,

Sorry for late reply been communicating with Hover.com, as I suspected the default registers needed to be deleted, reason I did not do this before, as even on Hover.com tutorial only process to add registry nothing was mentioned about deleting default config, its done now and I've been having 100% up-time, this now fixed.

But still today I am experiencing the poor server response time, I have been onto Hover.com about this too, they've just come back with nothing they can do as they don't provide hosting! Not even any general advice or tips, I have been googling it, some indicate could be the particular TLD as I am using .Blue extension slower than other domain extension, again not too sure about this, also asked if it could be there own server performance again no support, as I find it strange having two domains on same WPMUDEV server with very different responsive times, as before when I was using InMotion with my blueelephant.blue was extremely terrible avg 2300ms, the response has improved with WPMUDEV but still its avg 1500ms and your provided domain amount-overarch.wpmudev.host avg 744ms, plus I have added my friends site which is 100% located at Godaddy website and domain, avg server response time 380ms.

What I plan to do to test my theory of domain registrar performance, I was planning to buy second .blue domain from Hover.com before, I have now found the same domain name available on namecheap.com, I will purchase from them and point it my amount-overarch.wpmudev.host to see if any deviation in server response.

Steven

• Steven
    • Flash Drive

Hi Konstantinos,

Sorry for late reply, no problem understood, my intention with community forum post was just to get insight from community if anyone experienced something similar with domain name pointing, was never intended to become support ticket.

Steven

• Konstantinos Xenos
      • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hey Steven !

Probably a mis-read let's say from my part then. We simply monitor all forums obviously so we can help as well and since we've seen the 'similarity' of questions we thought of them being similar so probably misunderstood the intention here.

Of course everybody can join in and share thoughts so don't get me wrong :slight_smile: .

Regards,
      Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.