I bought this PRO site plugin to run a multisite network. I am not able to activate it... On clickin

Should I give you wordpress login and pass access to check this ? I really need to run a network soon...

Thank you..

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @sebseo

I hope you are well today, I believe I see your problem here.

Pro Sites is for use with WordPress multisite install only, but it looks like you have a single site install of WordPress, you'll need to configure multisite first, then you can activate the Pro Sites plugin.

You may find the following guide helpful https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-multisite-guide/ and here is the official WordPress site on installing and activating a Multisite. http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @sebseo

I hope you are well today, it's only giving you the option to install as a sub folder yes?

In your wp-config.php do you see the line where sub domain install is set to false? You'll need to change that to true and then edit your ,htaccess file as well, you'll need to replace all current rules with this

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^wp-admin$ wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*\.php)$ wp/$1 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Just checking in to let you know that we are still waiting to hear from you on this one.

First of all you need to make sure that your multisite is configured properly.

You can check that by creating a subsite and testing if that subsite is working or not.

Once you have fixed the multisite, you can activate prosites.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same and I will be around.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.