I can not log out of my wordpress

I updated all my wpmu plugins with auto update yesterday and since then have not been able to logout of my wordpress multisite. Ideas?

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

If it's related to one of the plugin updates we'll need to narrow that down and see which one that might be. The quickest way do that is to disable those plugins, you can follow the flowchart here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Always try removing cache and cache plugins first, then test again.

A quick way to do a soft disable on the plugins code (this does not disable them in the database) is to use FTP:

- Login with FTP

- Rename the plugins folder, I use "/plugins-old/" - Do not load the /wp-admin/plugins.php url, this will disable all plugins in the DB making more work to re-enable them later.

- Test the login, does it work now?

The plugin code is inactive, so if it were a plugin it should work. If it doesn't try clearing cache and test again.

- If it's now working you then create a new plugins folder, move a single plugin over, or small groups (but keep track).

- Test again each time, does the issue come back. If it does then it means you've narrowed the conflict down to the last one or group you moved in.

I'm sure you get the idea now, I prefer this method to quickly locate a potential conflict.

Let me know what you find. If it's one of our plugins we'll need to look into that further with you.

Have a great day!