I cannot access my site's /wp-admin after migration

I migrated my site using Shipper and it showed “Successfully Completed” but now I’m unable to access the WordPress dashboard on the destination site. /wp-admin shows a blank page.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Chris

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I tried to check the site but it seems that the plesk panel that you gave access to (at ehost-services) is not really the right one at the moment. Here’s how it looks like:

– there’s some site set under the “default domain” (“embroid.ehost….”:wink:;

– there’s a domain of the site in question added there, pointing to the same folder as the default one; so that would suggest that the migrated site is there

– but the IP of that host (98.124..251.167) is different to the one that the domain itself points to; the domain currently points to the IP of 50.28.1.55 which seems to belong to “exacthosting.com” (I suppose that’s where the original site is/was perhaps?) and that’s where the sites seem to be loaded from.

I’ve also confirmed that by putting a test file on the server that you gave access to and that didn’t take any effect, it was unavailable.

That being said, I’m not a bit confused: it’s either that we’re dealing with a wrong panel and trying to fix the site on a wrong (e.g. old) server – the “ehost-services…com” one or the domain wasn’t configured to point to that server and while the site was migrated, it’s still loaded from the old server and the issue is there.

It was mentioned during the chat that nor the debug.log neither the plugin test helped in anyway but that’s because both these were checked on a different install than is actually served to the visitor. In other words: you could probably even delete this entire install and it still wouldn’t change anything. Don’t do it please, of course :wink:

To sum it up: can you make sure please that we’re dealing with a right hosting panel? If yes, then first thing to do would be to take care of the domain configuration to point to that server and after that we could check if there are any additional things that must be solved. If not, then would you please provide me with the credentials for the relevant hosting panel?

You can do it by sending me a direct message:

Note: Don’t leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send me your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: “Attn: Adam Czajczyk

– Site login URL

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– cPanel credentials (host/username/password)

– Folder path to site in question

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,

Adam

• Chris
    • Multimedia Yoda

Hey Adam,

So I am a bit confused. So that is my only login for hosting with Exacthosting. That login is what I used before migrating, I know we do have caching, so beware of that. However I guess I can reach out to the host again because the domain and hosting was a package deal setup by my client. I understand what you’re saying, but thats not totally what I see, I will reach back out to hosting support. Maybe they updated our Ip address. I will update you with what I find.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Chris

Thank you for letting us know and I’m sorry to hear the plugin didn’t work for you.

We were waiting for some information as in your previous post you mentioned that you’re about to check some things and update us here. Meanwhile there’s been some important updates to Shipper but since you responded just now, I assume that you have also tried the recent release too. I just wanted to let you know that Shipper is being constantly updated and improved so if you decide to give it another try soon or any time in future, please don’t hesitate to get back to us in case you had any questions or were experiencing any issues.

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.