I cannot activate CoursePressPro

CoursePressPro shows that it is activated on the WPMU dashboard... but I am not seeing it on my menu.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lynise,

Hope you're doing well today and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

When you go to your normal WordPress plugins list, is it showing as active? The menu title should be "CoursePress Pro".

You may have a conflict with another plugin that is stopping it from displaying, so if you do a plugin conflict check by deactivating your other plugins then you will know for sure whether it's a conflict or not :slight_smile:

If it's still not showing then would you mind granting support access so we can log in and take a closer look?

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Look forward to hearing back Lynise!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Lynise

Hi Tyler-

Thanks for your reply.

No. CoursePressPro is not showing up in my regular plugin list... only CoursePress. Do I need to deactivate the CoursePress first before uploading CoursePressPro? If I do that... will all of my work be lost or will it transfer over.

With regard to the other plugins I have... when you deactivate a plug in, do you lose any work/settings that you did/made? And when you activate it again, does everything go back to the way it was?

• Ash

Hello @Lynise

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

With regard to the other plugins I have... when you deactivate a plug in, do you lose any work/settings that you did/made? And when you activate it again, does everything go back to the way it was?

This is standard. If any plugin deletes its data on deactivate, then this is bad approach.

No. CoursePressPro is not showing up in my regular plugin list... only CoursePress. Do I need to deactivate the CoursePress first before uploading CoursePressPro? If I do that... will all of my work be lost or will it transfer over.

In this case, I will recommend to take a backup of your website. Then download the coursepress pro from https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/coursepress-pro/ and unzip the plugin. Then upload the plugin via ftp to /wp-content/plugins/ folder.

Now go to Dashboard > Plugins > All Plugins and activate Coursepress Pro.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.