I cannot get Smush Pro to work.. it says the server

I cannot get Smush Pro to work.. it says the server is unreachable.

Does the plugin work?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Charles,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for your question.

I can see you are using WPengine to host your site which is known for it's aggressive server side caching.

Could you please try temporary disabling the cache on your site as described in the following reply?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/error-trying-to-use-wp-smush-pro-server-is-not-reachable#post-786901

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Umesh Kumar

Hi @Charles,

We have tested the plugin with WPEngine and it definitely worked for us with and without object caching.

However you might be using different settings, so it'd be really helpful if you could either allow us to check the settings you are using on WPEngine or maybe send us the details of your configuration.
    You can go to
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    On the contact form, select "I have a different question"

Can you please send in:
    - In the subject field add "Attn: Umesh Kumar"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include the config details or WPEngine login

this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Bummer.. since WPEngine is closely related to Wordpress (I think they host their VIP websites) and Smush, when it was with Yahoo worked fine.

WordPress VIP is not related to WPEngine :slight_smile:, Yahoo smush works as it works one on one basis.
    You send a image, Yahoo optimizes image and sends it back, so firewall doesn't comes in picture. But you've to wait for each image, which often slows down image uploading if you're using auto smush or you've to wait the whole time when you are sending a bulk smush and there might be timeouts

However, with Smush Pro, you just send URL and size details. Server fetches the image, optimize them and sends back a request containing details to download images

So you don't have to wait for the time while images are being optimized.

Now when API sends a callback, firewall comes into the scene, it might have been configured to block it or allow it. If the server allows the callback to come through, the whole process is least painful :slight_smile:

Hope I was able to make the things clear here :slight_smile:, I'm waiting for your mail to check what's blocking the things for you :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.