I cannot get the google maps to display in my events

This used to work but now it does not. I can add a map to an event, but it does not appear on the event. In addition, when we click the map button above the location area of an event, it never opens up to the map selector, it just opens a window with a spinning wheel, but the page never actually loads. The map button on the toolbar does seen to work.

You can see some events at http://www.gutzytri.com/team/all-team-activities.

I have enabled support access if this would be needed.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Phil!

I think you may have found a bug, I was just able to replicate the behavior I saw on your site on my own installation, with all other plugins deactivated and a default theme.

Steps to reproduce:
    Add or edit event.
    Try to add map via widget on post screen.
    New map window opens, but map never loads.

Thanks, Phil!

• Phil
    • The Incredible Code Injector

An additional update on this. When looking at an event on a mobile device, the map shows properly. It is only when viewed with a desktop browser when the map does not display. The difference is that I have a mobile switcher that is loading a different theme. So the issue must have something to do with my theme. I had this problem a few months ago and one of your folks connected and made a change that I did not understand that seemed to fix the issue.

• Phil

I was able to find to description of what was wrong last time.

Reply by: Hoang Ngo

Hi @Phil,
    I hope you are well today.
    The issue has resolved. The reason is something has blocked the jQuery(window).load, so it can not include google map libs, and that making the map now show up.
    I have changed to native window.onload function, and this working properly.
    If you have any issues please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist Best regards, Hoang

• Phil

Anyone have an idea about this? per my last reply, one of your folks was able to fix this issue for me a few months ago by changing from the jquery(window).load function to the native window.onload function. I am not quite sure exactly what that means. I suspect that when I update Google Maps the other day, this change got reverted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are demo'ing this site for our membership tonight, and would really love to be able to show that events have maps!

• Phil

Hello @Hoang Ngo,

this did solve the issue. My question would be will I need to do this each time that I update Events+? If so, do you have any idea of the underlying reason why this needs to be done? I would really like to get this fixed properly so that we can update plugins as needed without it breaking anything.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.