I cannot install wp smush pro I get this message.

I cannot install wp smush pro

I get this message.

Installation of WP Smush Pro failed. Most likely reason for this are wrong folder permissions of your wp-contents folder.

I gave the wp content folder 755 permissions (is that not unsafe?)

But even after that no luck.

A search on this site did not come up with any answers.

P.s. I'm sorry if I have posted this double but I could not see my previous message under my support tickets.

• Rupok

Hi sylvia

Hope you had a wonderful day.

As this is a duplicate ticket and you can't seem to find the previous one under your support tickets, I'm posting the reply here again, and closing the previous ticket.

Installation of WP Smush Pro failed. Most likely reason for this are wrong folder permissions of your wp-contents folder.

Can you install other plugins? Because if it's happening for wrong folder permission, then you won't be able to install other plugins too.

How are you trying to install? From "WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New" section or "WPMU DEV > Plugins" section? Can you try installing manually through FTP? To know more about installing a plugin through FTP, you can visit the article here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/installing-regular-plugins-on-wpmu/#ftp

I gave the wp content folder 755 permissions (is that not unsafe?)

Granting 755 for folders is safe.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.